which ball head?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yeowww

Mar 6, 2004
Somewhere out there
I am thinking of getting my own tripod+ballhead, currently using a friend's velbon tripod.

I am using a D70, the 70-300mm D lens.
i will get the manfrotto 190PROB, when the stock arrives at CP.

any recommendation for the ball head?

thanks

Kit said:
Try the Giottos MH-1000. Relatively cheap and will be more than enough for your application.

I second that Kit. Got that ball head for my Gitzo G1127G and 10D. Work seemlessly. The panning of the MH-1000 is excellent. Very smooth...

i read some reviews on MH-1001, i think, and it wasn't good, something about the slip ring dropping off, need to re-glue it. Not sure if it applies to MH-1000.

Steven, from CP, keeps recommending the Giottos too, wonder if it is bcos its available and/or more profitable :think:

what about manfrotto's ball head??

Yeowww said:
i read some reviews on MH-1001, i think, and it wasn't good, something about the slip ring dropping off, need to re-glue it. Not sure if it applies to MH-1000.

Steven, from CP, keeps recommending the Giottos too, wonder if it is bcos its available and/or more profitable :think:

what about manfrotto's ball head??

Have personally tried the MH-1000. Very good indeed. 2 of my friends have bought them after me, and were enjoying themselves.

Status
Not open for further replies.