Which bag to pick

BrownInu

Sep 22, 2009
Hi guys,

I am looking for a bag pack for traveling and I had physically went down to TK foto for a hands on experience of those bags. I had come to a choice between lowepro fastback 250 and vanguard uprise 46.

Below is my requirements:
1. 15inch laptop compartment
2. Quick side access
3. A compartment for jacket/misc items

Good to have:
4. Tripod holder (will be getting sirui tripod)
5. Rain cover(can always get a 3th party rain cover)
6. Side pocket for water bottles.

I do understand that fastpack does not come with raincover, tripod holder and side pocket, but the shorter depth and internal compartments are good to have over uprise.

Uprise 46 come matches most of the requirements but it seems bulkier.

Price of lowepro is $130 and uprise at $180.

Below are the lists of equipments to brig around:
1. Canon 550d with grip
2. Tamron 17-50mm f2.8 vc
3. Canon 10-22mm
4. Canon 70-200mm f4 IS(will be getting)
5. Speedlite 580ex II(waiting list)
6. Tianya filters and cokin holder
7. Cleaning kits
8. Tripod
9. Laptop
10. Jacket

Pardon to be long winded as I am trig to be careful with the right bag purchase as I will be carrying the above mention equipments traveling ard in foreign land.

Deeply appreciate CSers from reading my post.
Will be waiting for your feedback and advise.

uh may want to pick something less conspicuous. nothing like a fat bag of camera stuff to tempt local muggers to visit you while overseas =/

Get your 70-200 before you look for your bag. So that you can load the longest and biggest gear for fitting.

Dun think fastpack 250 can handle 70-200 length.

You can try K13, there are more selections of brand over there.

Kata 3N1 33?
Thks ismokeweed79 I will look into kata
uh may want to pick something less conspicuous. nothing like a fat bag of camera stuff to tempt local muggers to visit you while overseas =/
Heap ur right magicianhisoka, I don't wish to attract attention Frm muggers. That explain why I wish to get something which don't scream "I am a camera bag"
Get your 70-200 before you look for your bag. So that you can load the longest and biggest gear for fitting.

Dun think fastpack 250 can handle 70-200 length.

You can try K13, there are more selections of brand over there.

Hi dleugene, I had been to k13 they manage to load me their 70-200 to test out the bag. Fastpack 250 can't handle 70-200 mounted. They had intro a newer series of vanguard bag which is quiet bulky

hmm maybe try the domke range? they look rugged and beat up so it may attract less attention

Hi dleugene, I had been to k13 they manage to load me their 70-200 to test out the bag. Fastpack 250 can't handle 70-200 mounted. They had intro a newer series of vanguard bag which is quiet bulky

Did you try properly?I can fit a 70-200 mounted on my K-x and it fits nicely into my fastpack 250:)

get the domke F1X if you can afford it.

Ever considered the fastpack 350? It comes with side pocket for the water bottle.
Its only slightly bigger than the 250.