Which Bag To Get

Status
Not open for further replies.

psx2sg

Mar 15, 2005
Tomato
Hi All...

I know this question has been posted in before, but please forgive me for asking again..

1. Which bag should I get if i want to put my fz10 with adaptor and filter on? I went to see the lowe pro(the taper insert one) one but AP say no stock... I went to the other shop they show me the other brand which cost ard$25, i feel like buying but i scarit might be too cramp for my camera.(some Seiz...something). the guy advise me to get the bigger square one so that i can put more things but i like the taper one more coz easier to take my camera out.

2. I plan to buy a dry box for the camera... but don want to spent a lot of $$ on it. I saw one Nikon drybox but my friend say it's maybe too small for it. So i actually was thinking just put the camera into the bag and put some silicon beads in it.... what do you guys think?

Any advice?

1. I also looking out for a bigger bag as well. Lets see any good recommendations. :)

2. I wanted to get a Dry Cabinet initially, but cant convince myself to get it. So at the end, I still got the iCase Dry Box from Carrefour at Suntec. I think around $30.

I think the best is to bring your camera and accessories down to CP for testing. What AP doesn't have, CP might have it since they are the distributor.

For dry box, get one with the meter on it. I have one icase one which can act can be dry box but I can take it out as a bag too.

Cheers
John

John Teoh said:
I think the best is to bring your camera and accessories down to CP for testing. What AP doesn't have, CP might have it since they are the distributor.

For dry box, get one with the meter on it. I have one icase one which can act can be dry box but I can take it out as a bag too.

Cheers
John

Is it?? how much? Actually another thing is, i'm quite reluctant to bring my camera out(although no choice) sometime ifthe shop knew that you didn't buy the camera from them they'll charge u more ex for the accesories, this is what happen when i visit AP... But luckily I called before I went, the guy actually chrge me $3 more until i say i've called before I came... :sweat:

psx2sg said:
Is it?? how much? Actually another thing is, i'm quite reluctant to bring my camera out(although no choice) sometime ifthe shop knew that you didn't buy the camera from them they'll charge u more ex for the accesories, this is what happen when i visit AP... But luckily I called before I went, the guy actually chrge me $3 more until i say i've called before I came... :sweat:

If you want, we can go in one gang together....like that...they dare not anyhow charge...I tried a few times...it works...because they always suspect us that we might be one of the very vocal team in CS...sometimes they do ask us as well...so they dare not anyhow jackup the prices...

At the PLUG meeting SEED session?

psx2sg said:

Actually it doesn't matter if you buy the camera from the same shop because different sale persons in the shop will always quote you different prices unless they bother to check out first. Only one that didn't happen is CP as I know they have a manual on discount to offer but once in a while the staff also didn't check.

Cheers
John

psx2sg said:
Hi All...

I know this question has been posted in before, but please forgive me for asking again..

1. Which bag should I get if i want to put my fz10 with adaptor and filter on? I went to see the lowe pro(the taper insert one) one but AP say no stock... I went to the other shop they show me the other brand which cost ard$25, i feel like buying but i scarit might be too cramp for my camera.(some Seiz...something). the guy advise me to get the bigger square one so that i can put more things but i like the taper one more coz easier to take my camera out.

Any advice?

Well, I fit all my stuff in an old model, the Lowepro off trail 1. Cost about S$33 a few years back.

Here is the pic
10752554-M.jpg

10752553-M.jpg

yah.... look nice....any model to quote?

You can go for the TLZ (top load zoom) series. The TLZ 2 should have enough space for your camera with the Phayee adaptor. There should also be enough leftover space on the sides of the dividers to place a FL-28 and some lens cleaning equipment.

i ve got the TLZ 2 before and i didnt really like the way i had to carry it...
u might be able to squeeze in a small flash but i think its gonna be a tight fit. i didnt have my flash yet when i was still using the TLZ2, so i cant really say...IMHO, i think its too small and u wont be able to carry other misc items...

think most lumixers using the nova series...currently using stealth reporter 200aw...

my 2cents...

I bought a used Lowepro Nova 3 AW but found slightly too big for my
FZ10, Flash, Len hood & cleaning kits.
Unless I want to put in my P&S Canon A95.
Managed to change it to a Nova 2 with another guy, and found the space just
nice for my FZ10 stuff.
The Nova 2 internal depth is 19.5cm, enough for FZ10 fitted with Lotus hood.

Also just bought a Top Loadder Zoom Mini yesterday for $17 from CP, last one
I think. Gonna use it for short outing or put inside my backpack. :)
CP got the TLZ 2 but too deep (25cm) IMO. TLZ Mini only 16.5cm.

CP & AP are out of stock for the Nova 2.
Saw Best cam selling for $45 and other shops around $45 to $50 before bargain.
Will post pic of the internal of Nova 2 AW if you want.

donchua said:
nice for my FZ10 stuff.

Saw Best cam selling for $35 and other shops around $35 to $40 before bargain.
Don,

appreciate if you can post the pics of the Nova 2 AW. Thanks. :)

donchua said:
nice for my FZ10 stuff.

Saw Best cam selling for $35 and other shops around $35 to $40 before bargain.

Hi don,

Wondering if the Top Loader Zoom Mini can fit FZ10+phayee adapter+62mm uv filter+lens cap? JimDavis did advise that it might be too small for future expansion (flash etc etc), but like you, was thinking of getting something more compact for short outings and maybe get a bigger bag (I think the saffrato CF100 looks good... :D ) for the longer trips.

I think $17 is a very good deal... going to meet up this seller (after I get my adapter and lens cap) who is selling his used Top Loader Zoom mini for $25. Think worth to get?

Thanks in advance!

Yo psx2sg!

I was using this bag - Lowepro Stealth Reporter 100AW.
SR_AW_open_2_n.jpg

The beauty is you can extract the camera anytime to shoot.. quick draw cos there is a zip at the top of the bag.

got it for 80+ i think.

Holds the body with the tube adapter, tcon, wcon, flash, bounce card, lens cleaning stuff, blower. but a bit squeezy, probably the 200 would be perfect for all the goodies. But if no TCON, WCON, it has tonnes of space then.

AW200 is slightly deeper and the width is about the same. Heh.. Of coz bigger. Compare to 300AW is almost the same as 200. For ya case. 100 will be enuff since rhair78 holding this. :p

sil said:
Don,

appreciate if you can post the pics of the Nova 2 AW. Thanks. :)

IMG_1582.JPG
IMG_1587.JPG

Above are 2 pics of Nova 2 loaded which I found in the net.

IMG_2278.jpg

IMG_2279.jpg

My Nova 2 without and with FZ10.

jaix said:
Hi don,

Wondering if the Top Loader Zoom Mini can fit FZ10+phayee adapter+62mm uv filter+lens cap? JimDavis did advise that it might be too small for future expansion (flash etc etc), but like you, was thinking of getting something more compact for short outings and maybe get a bigger bag (I think the saffrato CF100 looks good... :D ) for the longer trips.

I think $17 is a very good deal... going to meet up this seller (after I get my adapter and lens cap) who is selling his used Top Loader Zoom mini for $25. Think worth to get?

Thanks in advance!

IMG_2275.jpg

Pic of my FZ10 in the TLZ Mini.
My FZ10 fitted with phayee adapter, 62mm filter & cap.
Top Load series mainly for SLR fitted with len and some accessories.
You can't go far even for the larger Top Load model.
Before this, my friend bought a new TLZ Mini from AP SLS for $25.
Well, $17 for the TLZ Mini at CP, just buy and said later... :)
Seem that CP is clearing the Lowepro stock, don't know will any more
new stock coming in... :cool:

If want expansion, then should go for the EX180, Nova 2 AW or 3 AW or
Stealth Reporter 100AW or 200AW liao.
If I got the money, will get a Stealth Reporter too.
The size of EX180 also same as Nova 3 AW, just the design diff.

Status
Not open for further replies.