which bag to bring to japan?

Status
Not open for further replies.
U

upandown

I might be going to japan in june as a school field trip, and i dont know whether to bring my vanguard kenline 59 or get another 'the bucket' for my complete seed. Im gonna bring my 40D w/grip, 18-55, 20-35, lensbaby muse w/ 2 more optics ,a tripod and my macbook alum. is it too many things to bring? So which bag will be more suitable? TIA!;)

Do you really need the 20-35? What are the other two lenses?

http://www.lensbaby.com/optics.php this is what i meant by two optics. thought of using my 18-55 for landscape and for group photo using a wide angle converter.the 20-35 along with my lensbaby and 50/1.8 as a walkabout lens. is it too much?

any more suggestions?

Hey ima going to japan in about 2 days time my set up is:

Kata 467
Laptop
18-135
50 1.8
10-20
tripod that's all.. and i really wonder if the 20-35..are you gonna use it?? No joke carrying all that equipment around when you don't really need it aye... because most of the time you'd be rushing for trains that's why bringing more equipment means heavier and i don't really think you'll enjoy your trip that much if you bring too much stuffs.. And i'll not bring my tripod everywhere i go (too heavy) and my lappy too..so most of the time they'd be sitting in the lauggage in the hostel... Hope you have a fun trip ^^ june's pretty hot..went there in 2004

18-135? nvr heard of this, how much u bought it for? yea thats why in a dk whether to sell both 18-55 and 20-35 to buy another lens taking to account that i have a ir filter, cpl filter and 0.45x wide angle converter in 58mm size for my 18-55. if i want to buy another lens after selling both the lens, what should it be ? budget not more than $800 preferbly lens covering from wide to telephoto.

I like enchanteddream's set up. A general purpose lens, a wide angle (or telephoto depending on your preference) and a fast prime. This should pretty much cover all your shooting needs in 3 lenses.

Personally, I really don't see the need for the 20-35 since the 18-55 covers that range already.

yea , after much i thought so too after much consideration . but too bad canon doesnt make a 18-135 . so should i :
1)sell the 20-35 and gt either a 28-105 or 28-135,
2)or sell both and just get a wide angle ?

Err, Samueltan902 = upanddown?

I would sell the 20-35 and get the 28-XXX. It covers a range which you are currently lacking (unless this 20-35 is absolutely amazing? I'm not familiar with Canon lenses)

So a 18-55 and 28-XXX covers a good range in two lenses. Good setup for travelling I would think. The less lenses you bring the better.

hey ! anyway the ts is actually me on my friend's account as i cant remember my password at first .:)

i find the build and optic of the 20-35 quite amazing thats why dk which to choose .i guess i will either go with 18-55+28-135+lensbaby or gt a 18-200+lensbaby .thanks so much for your help .

oh ya , back to topic, so should i use my vanguard kenline 59 or my the bucket ?

Okay tip!! dont bring a huge bag because navigation wise it'd be a chore esp when you are rushing.. So your vanguard 59 is out!!

its crumpler right?? do you have a link or something i have no idea what the hell are you talking baout haha

where r you gonna put it then?? in a sling bag? and the price is steep lol..why not go get a bagman sling bag?? its useful you know

This is a total misplacement of priority.

Go on the trip to Japan and have fun, bring some memorable pictures back.

Discuss, evaluate and hopefully decide on what bag to bing on a trip.

Hmmmm ....

lol to have fun you must bring the right equipment,.. no way you'll enjoy your trip with a heavy bag right

Status
Not open for further replies.