which bag is the most suitable?

Status
Not open for further replies.

hisphotography

Deregistered
Aug 26, 2009
hey guys can anyone recommend me which bag is the most suitable to fit in 2 lambency diffuser, 2 or 3 flashes, 2 lens(not a zoom/long lens, just normal lens), 1 camera body, 1 water bottle and own personal stuff (like wallet, towel etc..)
i prefer a sling bag or a buttpack bag..
can anyone recommend me + the price of the bag too.. :)
cheers!

Last edited:
I think he meant lumbar or beltpack.

I find hanging something heavy of your waist quite uncomfortable.

Sling or backpack works better.

If you prefer not-so-camera-bag kind can look at crumpler. 6-8 million dollar home should fit the bill....can see at their store at ion, wheelock, raffles place. I think some camera shops have also(TK FOTO i think, the one at shaw tower).

Ts should be referrin to belt pack right? And u failed to mentioned budget so i believe $ is nt a issue.

Think Tank Speed racer in my opinion. Or Kata 3n1 Or Billingham 335?

Why don't you go down to shops like CP, OP and TK where there's a vast collection of cam bags and try it out to you heart content before commiting to the purchase?

Ts should be referrin to belt pack right? And u failed to mentioned budget so i believe $ is nt a issue.

Think Tank Speed racer in my opinion. Or Kata 3n1 Or Billingham 335?

Why don't you go down to shops like CP, OP and TK where there's a vast collection of cam bags and try it out to you heart content before commiting to the purchase?

lol. budget maybe at 200++ or below..
prefer in a lowepro bag...
hey the speed racer bag looks convenient to me.. where can i get it and whats the market price of it..?
or is there any lowepro bag that is the same desigh/shape like the speed racer..?

Last edited:
Get a Think Tank Speed Freak. Tried it out yesterday and it beats similar Lowepro offerings by leaps and bounds. Think it costs $179

Get a Think Tank Speed Freak. Tried it out yesterday and it beats similar Lowepro offerings by leaps and bounds. Think it costs $179

but mine is with batt grip.. can it fit anyway..? where did you bought it..?

I did not buy it, but it managed to fit a gripped 400D with attached lens facing downwards rather well

lol. budget maybe at 200++ or below..
prefer in a lowepro bag...
hey the speed racer bag looks convenient to me.. where can i get it and whats the market price of it..?
or is there any lowepro bag that is the same desigh/shape like the speed racer..?

Speed Racer meets your budget, 219 or 209, can't rem. TK and OP has them. Think Speed Freak recommended by Bro cartman might not fit ur needs, as it's capacity cannot hold so much of ur gear..

I used to own Speed Freak. Sold it as my gear grows, it can fit my D700 with grip +24-70 and sb900.. and ermm..tats about it, can feed in another flash unit for sure and small lens for sure, but abit crampy. Ur lambency think have to attach to the bag outside.

Forget lowepro bro if you are looking for wasit bag. Thinktank beats it hands down..
It can double as a sling bag also.

Last edited:
Speed Racer meets your budget, 219 or 209, can't rem. TK and OP has them. Think Speed Freak recommended by Bro cartman might not fit ur needs, as it's capacity cannot hold so much of ur gear..

I used to own Speed Freak. Sold it as my gear grows, it can fit my D700 with grip +24-70 and sb900.. and ermm..tats about it, can feed in another flash unit for sure and small lens for sure, but abit crampy. Ur lambency think have to attach to the bag outside.

Forget lowepro bro if you are looking for wasit bag. Thinktank beats it hands down..
It can double as a sling bag also.

bro thank you very much! will grab that speed racer now! gtg! haha...

Personally, I'll keep off Crumpler bags as they are kinda like thief magnets. I had my crumpler notebook backpack (King's Single) stolen from behind me, when I place it on top of a barstool, while i was chatting with my friends. Thankfully, I did not have my notebook in there as its also my everyday backpack. But i lost my personal effects like portable HDD and such. Quite painful.

And I heard that pple have their Crumpler camera bags almost stolen from them.

So far have not heard from other brands, other than the notebook bags which are screaming to get stolen if you are not careful cos they will almost always signal that there is a notebook in them.

Just my 2 cents.

Personally, I'll keep off Crumpler bags as they are kinda like thief magnets. I had my crumpler notebook backpack (King's Single) stolen from behind me, when I place it on top of a barstool, while i was chatting with my friends. Thankfully, I did not have my notebook in there as its also my everyday backpack. But i lost my personal effects like portable HDD and such. Quite painful.

And I heard that pple have their Crumpler camera bags almost stolen from them.

So far have not heard from other brands, other than the notebook bags which are screaming to get stolen if you are not careful cos they will almost always signal that there is a notebook in them.

Just my 2 cents.

I think people got their gears stolen doesn't really have anything to do with what bag they are using. It's more to where and how they put their bag/gears..

In the end even if you use the most expensive bags, if you are careful with your belongings, you will be safe.

hey guys. thanks for all your suggestions on the bags..
and thanks to 'numnumball' for that suggestion of yours.
already bought my speed racer just now!
haha thanks alot!
much appreciated!
and it really convenient me!

hey guys can anyone recommend me which bag is the most suitable to fit in 2 lambency diffuser, 2 or 3 flashes, 2 lens(not a zoom/long lens, just normal lens), 1 camera body, 1 water bottle and own personal stuff (like wallet, towel etc..)
i prefer a sling bag or a buttpack bag..
can anyone recommend me + the price of the bag too.. :)
cheers!

well, 2 or 3 flashes.. water bottle..

if all batteries are in, my suggestion is to stay away from sling or beltpack.

better to use a backpack, unless you aren't going to be moving around much.

in which case, something the size of orion trekker II from lowepro (if they still make it) should suffice. kata digitalrucksack d467 or 466 (something like that) should be good enough too.

hey guys. thanks for all your suggestions on the bags..
and thanks to 'numnumball' for that suggestion of yours.
already bought my speed racer just now!
haha thanks alot!
much appreciated!
and it really convenient me!

Congrats on ur new purchase. Glad i can help. :)

It should be called Giant Fanny pack. It looks nice for assignments, but I won't use it for traveling overseas. It screams TOURIST too loud.

Status
Not open for further replies.