which backpack should i choose from?

Status
Not open for further replies.

vroom1

Nov 14, 2007
hi csers, what kind of backpack should i choose from?

lowepro compudaypack?
lowepro fastpack 250?

thanks.

I suggest go for the more expensive fastpack. I have the compuday pack as well as fastpack 350. The shoulder straps for the compuday pack is a little thin and not well padded.

The fastpack series are better built and more comfy

Just my humble opinion...

I was shopping for backpack recently too. Was looking at Kata, Lowepro & Tamrac.

I tried carrying all 3 and concluded with the Tamrac Adventure 7. It provided with non-slip, thick padded straps and padded back support. All these give me a very comfortable carrying feeling.

My feeling for the Lowepro is that the straps are thinnly padded and I was worried that carrying for long will sore my shoulders badly.

Kata gives me a mixed feeling. Loves the design and interior padding. Straps are nicely padded too. Feels comfortable carrying it too.

The shop owner of K13 was very nice that he showed me all the 3 bags and explained in details to me. Even loaded a camera into the bags and let me tried carrying.

All 3 bags were priced very closely and I finally decided on the Tamrac because of the material used and the size was slightly bigger than the rests. If you need a compartment for laptop, the Adventure 9 suits your bill.

How much is the Tamrac Adventure 9? Thanks.

You should take a look at the fastpack series too. I like the easy access to camera, like the slingshot type. Just swing the bag front and you can unzip to take out your camera. Ease of access is as good as a shoulder sling bag. Most other bags will require you to do more before getting your camera out

hi sorry to hijack the thread..

i move around a lot (not travel.. just moving around in singapore) with my laptop and my camera (plus maybe a file or 2) and am looking for suggestions on a backpack / bag that can serve that purpose.. anyone has recommendations and how much or where to get it?

thanks a lot!

you can always try TK photo. Address could be found in the "Others" forum. They carry a very wide range of bags, from Thinktank, Tamrac, Lowepro, Crumpler, National Geographic, Kata.

Price there is pretty good too. Friendly staff as well.

Bags are pretty personal, one man's meat is another's poison.
So, chk out the bags there.

Have fun shopping ;)

you can always try TK photo. Address could be found in the "Others" forum. They carry a very wide range of bags, from Thinktank, Tamrac, Lowepro, Crumpler, National Geographic, Kata.

Price there is pretty good too. Friendly staff as well.

Bags are pretty personal, one man's meat is another's poison.
So, chk out the bags there.

Have fun shopping ;)

Agree with midicity, I got my bag from tk too. spent almost 2 hours in there trying to decide my the bag... you can bring ur gears down, i'm sure they will let u do some fitting without looking angry (some staff else where will have that "troublesome" look when u do that)...

Buy clothes also have to try mah... so buying clothes for my camera also must try right...:bsmilie:

i have used tamrac advanture 7, 9 ...A9 is too heavy..at 1.8kg w/o loading anything in yet...or u can look for the new Aero80 from tamrac as well...about the size of A9 but much lighter.

if u carry camera n sometime need the spare for laptop/mag/books etc...i will suggest you try out kata DR467 or DR465 (w/o laptop compartment)...the DR467 is price close to compudaypack/fastpack250 (i am talking about brand new from shop) but come with raincover..n is lighter ..i prefer the opening way for kata DR467's camera compartment.am able to unzip n take up my camera with one strap sling to the shoulder n zip it back...u cant do it with A7 or compudaypack tho....

prefer the opening way for kata DR467's camera compartment.am able to unzip n take up my camera with one strap sling to the shoulder n zip it back...

Is it easy to change lens while carrying the DR467?
Can it hold a 70-200 f4L lens?
Thank you.

Is it easy to change lens while carrying the DR467?
Can it hold a 70-200 f4L lens?
Thank you.

wow..... someone bought an L lens!!!!
:lovegrin:

I'm using Lowepro Fastpack 250 & personally find the bad too heavy to carry when loaded with a notebook(battery & adapter).

Thinking of a Tamrac A9 but not deep enough when camera body is mounted with a EF 17-85mm, not to mention about 70-200mm.

Hai...so difficult to find a good backpack.

wow..... someone bought an L lens!!!!
:lovegrin:

No, just planning to buy...
If I wanna buy a bag, I want to get something that can accomodate my needs in the future too... of course not say forever la... but at least for some years.

I'm using Lowepro Fastpack 250 & personally find the bad too heavy to carry when loaded with a notebook(battery & adapter).

Thinking of a Tamrac A9 but not deep enough when camera body is mounted with a EF 17-85mm, not to mention about 70-200mm.

I have looked at these 2 bags online and I think the Tamrac A9 bag is heavier than Fastpack 250. Tamrac A9 is 1.8+ kg when empty and on another bag thread, someone mentioned that the bag itself is too heavy. So if u are looking to reduce weight...
Well, u might like to try out the bag with your laptop... cos other factors like the bag's straps, etc. might also affect how u feel the weight.
The website says A9 can take a 80-200 lens (most makes) so maybe it might be deep enough to take your body with 17-85mm lens. 70-200 cannot mount on cam in the bag la... only those bigger bags can accommodate this.
Maybe u can also look at Kata sensitivity V or DR 467... but depends on the size of your laptop also.

I have looked at these 2 bags online and I think the Tamrac A9 bag is heavier than Fastpack 250. Tamrac A9 is 1.8+ kg when empty and on another bag thread, someone mentioned that the bag itself is too heavy. So if u are looking to reduce weight...
Well, u might like to try out the bag with your laptop... cos other factors like the bag's straps, etc. might also affect how u feel the weight.
The website says A9 can take a 80-200 lens (most makes) so maybe it might be deep enough to take your body with 17-85mm lens. 70-200 cannot mount on cam in the bag la... only those bigger bags can accommodate this.
Maybe u can also look at Kata sensitivity V or DR 467... but depends on the size of your laptop also.

Thanks for the suggestion, I had held the tamrac 9 before although someone mentioned it's 1.8kg but I find that it quite light compared to the fastpack 250. Probably the strap is better hence feels lighter.

For price & value I would say Tamrac A9 is pretty good. I'm using one now, frankly speaking go try on the bag and carry it, it won't feel like it's 1.8kg. It's pretty well-padded and sure can fit in quite a number of items. ;)

Probably it's the intimidating size of the A9 that makes it feel heavy. Is the DR467 lighter?

Anyone consider Flipside300 before? Its slightly slim with tripod holder (dunno how useful is this though). Whats your opinion bout it?

Actually also depends on what you want to pack in the bag. If you have quite fair bit of stuff then a bigger bag is more useful.

Status
Not open for further replies.