Which AP is the cheapest?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DanielG

May 10, 2002
austvilleinsg.com
There are a number of AP around right? Is the SLS one the cheapest one that everyone talks about?

Which salesman is the most friendly and knowledgeable when purchasing?

I only know one AP (Alan Photo) and it is at SLS. I dunno AP got other branch?

I also not sure. Was told by a friend there are other branches, but donno where.

Anyway, which is the salesman to approach?

Originally posted by mpenza
maybe you thought it's Alley Photo? ;p
i think he thought it is Alley Photo. I know that Alley Photo got lots of branches all over Singapore. As for Alan Photo, I only know one at Sim Lim Square.

Cathay Photo, have got 2 branches. One at PP and one at Marina Sqaure

Thanks to all for the clarification!
But still which salesman is the better, more knowledgeable and give better price?

Great idea!!! Prehaps we can also put up photos of all the lousy salesman around.. then we'll see what else they can sell with their notorious faces all over the Net!!

Originally posted by DanielG
Great idea!!! Prehaps we can also put up photos of all the lousy salesman around.. then we'll see what else they can sell with their notorious faces all over the Net!!

finally got my camera from MS Color for $530 with GST.
not the best price, but definately the best service, compared to most stuck-up shops in Sim Lim.

Today decided to go JSL and try again, quote me $500 with GST $515. I said ok, I will take it.

Salesman said his shop don't have, go and if I want can get for me. Go and make some call, then later tell me to come back 1 hr later.

feeling something fishy, anyway, I waited.

went back 1 hr later, sales man gone, went to another saleman, told him, I am back to get the camera, he just sit there and give you the couldn't care much attitide, say, I didn't ask you to wait, no no, no camera for sale.

went to Penisular, 1 shop quote me $550, I tell him too expensive, he said, you don't want to buy many people snatching, I know the market ran out of stock, so I must jack-up the price.

tried another shop in Penisular, tell me $530 add GST $545. I ask for $520 with GST. he tell me if you got sell me.

Then went to Far East Plaza, where 1 person said he got it for $515 with GST. Mega Foto.
Called them, quote me $495, and got stock, plus GST $510. so cheap? I went down, to the shop 30 minutes later, taking a cab. Guess what?

After I said I wanted it, make some phone call, then tell me no stock. But I said I just called, you said have, and $510 with GST. He said no stock, lar no stock lar. and went away.

I just notice 1 thing, those electronics shop in Penisular and Sim Lim and far east are more interested to chop tourist, then selling us their cameras.

Originally posted by DanielG
Where is this MS Color?

AMK. Around the old interchange. Beside the S-11 CoffeeShop. ( Note there are 2 S-11 there. This is a bigger one )

MS color at blk 711 AMK Ave 8, yes, beside S11.
I ah beng sure know my area in AMK.

Originally posted by mpenza
look for steven.

but don't look for Peter.

Look for a guy call Tan at AP - tall chap. Bought most of my stuffs from him. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.