which 4 megapixels digital camera to recommend?

Status
Not open for further replies.

swimcraze

Dear friends,

I am helping a friend source for a 4 megapixels digital camera. We are rather drawn towards coolpix 4200 and 5200 due to their slim and sexy aluminium design and picture quality. However the price isn't very sexy leh :embrass: ...we did try out canon and fuji at the comex but we were not really sure what are the good models.

some features that we are looking for are :

1. slim and compact
2. 4 megapixels
3. good image quality - esp macro
4. durable quality
5. Budget is about $500 ono

any suggestions ?

thanks in advance! :lovegrin:

swimcraze said:
Dear friends,

I am helping a friend source for a 4 megapixels digital camera. We are rather drawn towards coolpix 4200 and 5200 due to their slim and sexy aluminium design and picture quality. However the price isn't very sexy leh :embrass: ...we did try out canon and fuji at the comex but we were not really sure what are the good models.

some features that we are looking for are :

1. slim and compact
2. 4 megapixels
3. good image quality - esp macro
4. durable quality
5. Budget is about $500 ono

any suggestions ?

thanks in advance! :lovegrin:

Ixus 430 meet 1,2,3 and 4 but not 5 ......
A80 meet 2,3,4, may be 5 .... but not 1 ....
hm .....

If you're looking at macro, then you should seriously consider Nikon cameras.

Anyway the next option is - Nikon D2H. :D

I don't know which currency you refer to ($500) ... but ...
If you are able to go the extra and buy Nikon then you will be happy.
The lens is better (Canon is good also but Nikon is better) ... me thinks.
The macro is also excellent ... when you get home ... you don't want to think... "If only I had spent that bit more" ! :) :)

Perhaps you like to consider ixus i? definately one of the sexiest models and best marco ability...(since you emphasize on that function)

Below was the original pic that i took using this cam...NO ps was done except for resizing and inputing the watermark...hope this helps... ;)

draw.jpg

latmo said:
but ixus-i dun have optical zoom ...
to me this is very important

Well...one thing good about it is that it forces you to get close to the subject....same theory as using prime lens esp 50mm.... :D

Status
Not open for further replies.