Which 4 megapixel camera is recommended??

Status
Not open for further replies.

veyonce

Jan 12, 2005
Hi guys,

Just want to hear your recommendations on 4 megapixels camera. Preferably a compact size, minimum 3x optical zoom and ability to take continous shots. Thanks. ;)

veyonce said:
Hi guys,

Just want to hear your recommendations on which 4 megapixel camera is recommended?? Preferably a compact size and able to take continous shots. Thanks. ;)

eos1D??? but its not compact but continues shots, its king! ;)

i recomand ixus 40, just help someone to buy one yesterday, nice.

Hi Veyonce

When you say continuous shots....are you talking about the 3 frames per second, 5 frames per second kind that are SLR-like kind of specs OR are you simply looking for a camera that will just allow you to shoot away (never mind the lag time type) when your finger is on the shutter release?

Often, compact means the latter.

You can take a look at Canon IXUS or their powershot or Oly or Nikon coolpix....pretty much the same nowadays.

Or you can look at the Nikon D2h (as recommnded by Helbreath ;) ) but it is hardly "compact" ;p

veyonce said:
Hi guys,

Just want to hear your recommendations on 4 megapixels camera. Preferably a compact size, minimum 3x optical zoom and ability to take continous shots. Thanks. ;)
same old qns

What is your budget ?

how about the canon powershot S1 IS

with 10x optical zoom, image stabiliser, and unlimited VGA quality video recording at 30fps with sound?

Not sure what your specs are to be nor price, but try the Nikon CoolPix 4800.

Seems that Canon is quite popular?? My budget is about $500..

Which brand actually produces the best range of digital cameras??

Each camera has its own pros and cons, very hard to say which brand is "better". Its up to your own preference in my opinion. If I were you, I'll buy either a Canon or Nikon. Why? Because I like what. :bsmilie:

Wai said:
how about the canon powershot S1 IS

with 10x optical zoom, image stabiliser, and unlimited VGA quality video recording at 30fps with sound?

limited to 1gb unless theres a new patch that i dunno :D

veyonce said:
Hi guys,

D2H suit your need of 4MP, 3x optical zoom (with a 17-55 f/2.8) continous shots (8fps) :bsmilie: but not compact size

but with $500 go get a canon A series

veyonce said:
Seems that Canon is quite popular?? My budget is about $500..

Which brand actually produces the best range of digital cameras??
Canon A75/A85/A95 :thumbsup:

I second the Canon A series. Quite compact, got quite a lot of manual features too.

Nexus said:
Canon A85 seems like a good choice.

yes...even i have a 1D, i still got a A80 to compliment it

Not only it is small and light, the flip-out LCD is great for taking shots at odd angle and it is useful for taking snap shots without pple notice. It uses 4 x AA batteries which is cheap and easily available, very useful if you are going oversea for holiday.

Rather durable also, dropped from waist level to concert floor a few times and still work perfectly :sweat:

Wai said:
yes...even i have a 1D, i still got a A85 to compliment it

Not only it is small and light, the flip-out LCD is great for taking shots at odd angle and it is useful for taking snap shots without pple notice. It uses 4 x AA batteries which is cheap and easily available, very useful if you are going oversea for holiday.

Rather duable also, dropped from waist level to concert floor a few times and still work perfectly :sweat:

A85 does not have a filp out LCD :nono:
only A80 and A95 have it

tot A95 then got swivel LCD?

A80 already got swivel.

What is the diff between Canon A70/80/90 and A75/85/95?? How about the G series??

Status
Not open for further replies.