Which 2nd DSLR to get

Status
Not open for further replies.

robinlimkp

Feb 20, 2009
CCK
Hi everyone. newbie here.
Just want to ask the experience shooters about their 2nd DSLR and advice for which one to get.
I'm own a A300, have 3lens (18-70, 55-200, 70-300). My intention is to get one for my wife, so she can pick-up the photography as well.:)

I was thinking getting A350 body coz I have Sony lens:think:. So what do everyone thinks?

Cheers.

Get another Alpha body, because you can share lens with your wife.

Another A300 would suffice, unless she doesn't need liveview, den A200 would do the job :D

They will be fighting on who will get to use the expensive lense. I say buy separate system, help the economy. :p

Get your wife a A300 is more than enough.
If she needs liveview then A300 is the choice.
A350 extra 4MP which i think is not critical point for her.

Or if no need liveview get A200.
;)

Base on budget. A700 is on the expensive side. A200 is an idea. A350 not too bad. How abt Nikon? My dad had a 18-135lens lying around the dry cabinet since his old flim SLR is thing of the past.
But what normally 2nd DSLR to get for pros/sei-pros?

I suggest u get another a300 for her but take the single lens kit only
You already have two telephoto lens.
This way you can compare your photos effectively on the same subject
Good husband and wife activity!

Why not upgrade to an A700 and pass your A300 to your wife.

Great suggestion. And both parties will enjoy!

They will be fighting on who will get to use the expensive lense. I say buy separate system, help the economy. :p

For people who still has the financial clout in this climate yes pls BBB!

Ryan

Base on budget. A700 is on the expensive side. A200 is an idea. A350 not too bad. How abt Nikon? My dad had a 18-135lens lying around the dry cabinet since his old flim SLR is thing of the past.
But what normally 2nd DSLR to get for pros/sei-pros?

there's a Nikon 18-135mm lens from the good 'ol days of film? Surprising...

anyway, my vote is for an A200 as a camera for your wife.
It's probably targetted at the beginner user, or someone who prefers a smaller camera.
Am not sure what is your wife's skill level. She could be very experienced... (?)

Last edited:
Maybe you can bring her to a Sony store and ask her which she prefers. Women sometimes have really different wants and needs... Haha.

Why not upgrade to an A700 and pass your A300 to your wife.

the best idea so far, i 2nd this

Yup.... can't have a better 'Excuse' to upgrade than that !! :thumbsup::bsmilie:

Erm... and some wives will say, "Why do you get new stuffs for yourself and ask me to use the old stuffs?"

actually, why don u let ur wife make the choice? you advise...

you pay the money, then ur wife will be happy, then you will be happy, everyone's happy =)

coz the only pros in getting a same body is can share lens & accessories, can share tips on using the same model, and if ur wife decides to stop, you get two similar systems (no need to keep changing lens)

cons: not enough lens to go around haha!, if u ended up with 2 systems, u need a big bag and good strength to carry hahaha

Last edited:
Maybe you can bring her to a Sony store and ask her which she prefers. Women sometimes have really different wants and needs... Haha.

I second this.

IMHO, You might give suggestions to a woman, but when it's coming down to make decision, listen to her. Anyway, she will be the one using it...

But does she really have the interest in photography? Or it's just to fulfill your wish?

actually, why don u let ur wife make the choice? you advise...

you pay the money, then ur wife will be happy, then you will be happy, everyone's happy =)

What if she said, "I want Nikon D3 or Canon 5D plus the trinity lenses, you keep your A300."

Don't think the TS will be happy. :bsmilie:

I agree so. let her choose is the best.

well, whenever i go out to snap. she will normally tag along. being a gd husband, get her a DSLR to snap and entertain herself. we can compare the picture at the end of the day also.

thanks everyone.

I second this.

IMHO, You might give suggestions to a woman, but when it's coming down to make decision, listen to her. Anyway, she will be the one using it...

But does she really have the interest in photography? Or it's just to fulfill your wish?

Since i got this thread start off... might as well contiune.

If you want/need to get a second DSLR. Which one will you get and which one you have own?

Cheers.

Erm... and some wives will say, "Why do you get new stuffs for yourself and ask me to use the old stuffs?"

Easy to explain..... ''Dear, all of us STARTED by using the - easy/simply/lighter/more user friendly - camera 1st......" :bsmilie:

got simple way around this,

you buy the a700, then let her use the a300, and then she will take the lighter one by herself...

tada..!

Status
Not open for further replies.