which 28-75mm f2.8 lens is better?.. KM or Tamron?


Status
Not open for further replies.

blurboiboi

Senior Member
Jan 8, 2003
6,415
2
38
40
Loyang
blurboiboi.instantlogic.com
anyone has any comments on the above 2?... thinking of getting one of them...
btw any one knows the px of the KM one?.. tamron I know is around $635
 

tokrot

New Member
Jun 2, 2003
1,344
0
0
Get the KM one.. it's much better cloating and cheaper than the one you quoted.. :)

Very sharp lens indeed good choice! :D
 

GENO

Active Member
Jul 31, 2004
2,988
0
36
33
Teddy Bear Land
anyone interested to get tis lens? 28-75mm f2.8 D ???
 

Isaiahfortythirtyone

Senior Member
Jul 17, 2005
2,504
0
0
36
Clementi
im using the tamron one. sharp and light yet still feels solid. but nevertheless, i wld still suggest u go for original KM stuff, especially if the price is good.

too bad canon doesnt have a KM equivalent of a 28-75 for $600
 

Canew

Senior Member
Jul 26, 2005
2,230
0
36
Tampines
hjgoh.spaces.live.com
Isaiahfortythirtyone said:
im using the tamron one. sharp and light yet still feels solid. but nevertheless, i wld still suggest u go for original KM stuff, especially if the price is good.

too bad canon doesnt have a KM equivalent of a 28-75 for $600
The closest for CANON would be the EF 24-70mm f/2.8L USM (at about $2 400 :bigeyes: )
 

GENO

Active Member
Jul 31, 2004
2,988
0
36
33
Teddy Bear Land
Canew said:
The closest for CANON would be the EF 24-70mm f/2.8L USM (at about $2 400 :bigeyes: )
$2400 IS TOO MUCH FOR ME...:sweatsm:

I am happy just to get the KM one..tmr go see..
;p
 

Canew

Senior Member
Jul 26, 2005
2,230
0
36
Tampines
hjgoh.spaces.live.com
GENO said:
$2400 IS TOO MUCH FOR ME...:sweatsm:

I am happy just to get the KM one..tmr go see.. ;p
Ya, it is expensive. Anyway, congratulations on your upcoming purchase! :D
 

judeseah

New Member
Jan 20, 2005
474
0
0
53
1 Dalvey Road
mpenza said:
KM collaborated with Tamron to produce the 28-75 if I'm not wrong.
yes, i read that somewhere too.
minolta was impressed by the tamron that their kit lens
was made by them,
at a lower price( and a better look imo ).

:)
 

cosycatus

Senior Member
Jun 9, 2004
1,132
0
36
they are the same lens basically. the tamron version can shoot in macro mode( not real macro, but allows u to get closer than normal)
Its a good lens, very sharp, colors are close to that of canon's L lens. Tamron's comes with 1 year international warranty + 2 year extended.
Going for $635 at MS color and $615 at alan photo.
 

judeseah

New Member
Jan 20, 2005
474
0
0
53
1 Dalvey Road
cosycatus said:
they are the same lens basically. the tamron version can shoot in macro mode( not real macro, but allows u to get closer than normal)
Its a good lens, very sharp, colors are close to that of canon's L lens. Tamron's comes with 1 year international warranty + 2 year extended.
Going for $635 at MS color and $615 at alan photo.
sold my 17-40L and 24-70L n replace it with the tamron's.
its sharper wide open and imo colour is better.
canon tend to be redder whereas tamron is neutral :)

but this is KM subforum right?
go for the KM stuff cos i remember they r cheaper than
tamron's offering.

jude
 

tokrot

New Member
Jun 2, 2003
1,344
0
0
Not just KM is impressed by Tamron, I am also impressed. It seems that Tamron made good standard zoom lens and macro but Sigma still have the upper hand at the 300mm above IMHO.
 

Isaiahfortythirtyone

Senior Member
Jul 17, 2005
2,504
0
0
36
Clementi
yeah i just came back from HK with my 28-75 tamron. shot at f/2.8 in a variety of situations using ISO800 or 1600. sharp enough for good 4Rs. can see wrinkles clearly etc. great lens. am thinkin of gettin the 17-35 tamron to complement it. cant afford Ls la. hehe
 

zcf

Senior Member
Apr 10, 2005
6,741
0
36
270 degree of Singapore
Isaiahfortythirtyone said:
yeah i just came back from HK with my 28-75 tamron. shot at f/2.8 in a variety of situations using ISO800 or 1600. sharp enough for good 4Rs. can see wrinkles clearly etc. great lens. am thinkin of gettin the 17-35 tamron to complement it. cant afford Ls la. hehe
How much is it in HK? Is it much cheaper than Singapore?
 

Flying Dutchmen

New Member
Nov 10, 2005
15
0
0
Singapore
I bought the KM one for 570 incl GST in a shop at SL. (after some bargaining). Not many shops have the lens.
I am very happy with the lens. Happy, means to me that it is giving me sharp pictures and nice colors all the way. I can't comment about the difference with the Tamron.
 

dynaxattack

New Member
Nov 16, 2005
142
0
0
It seems the KM 28-75mm F/2.8 D is going for lesser than the Tamron of same spec. Why go for the tamron if u know u have the advantage of ADI when using the KM??
 

Isaiahfortythirtyone

Senior Member
Jul 17, 2005
2,504
0
0
36
Clementi
its not cheaper by much in HK. but other things are cheaper. KM 5D for $1280SGD with 512mb, kit lens, and tamron 80-200mm.
 

Status
Not open for further replies.