Which 24-inch LCD to get?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gymrat76

May 10, 2004
Was thinking of upgrading from my current 17" Sharp LCD to a larger one and was thinking probably get something in the 24" range. Dell has the new 2407FPW wide screen, which looks good on specs at $1.7+k. Samsung also has 24" models, as do Eizo, but Eizo probably out of my budget.

Have not been keeping up to date on this, can those of you who own, or are planning to get these 24" panels give some comments or recommendation for it? I'll be using it primarily for gaming (but not a hardcore gamer).. as well as watching movies/anime. Budget is below $2k, the lower the better :bsmilie:

Apple Cinema Display 23" :lovegrin:

espn said:
Apple Cinema Display 23" :lovegrin:

How much? Actually, just wondering, currently at native 1280*1024 on my 17" LCD my vid card can still tahan. If its 1900*1200 native, I'll probably have to upgrade video cards liao :think:

*using GF6600GT :embrass:

Gymrat76 said:
How much? Actually, just wondering, currently at native 1280*1024 on my 17" LCD my vid card can still tahan. If its 1900*1200 native, I'll probably have to upgrade video cards liao :think:

*using GF6600GT :embrass:
$2388, shouldn't be a problem for you to run 1900 x 1200 la... :lovegrin:

espn said:
$2388, shouldn't be a problem for you to run 1900 x 1200 la... :lovegrin:

Out of budget leh.. besides, the dell is larger and has better specs, and is ~$600 cheaper! :cool:

Then what are you waiting for? :lovegrin: Try Suntec, they have a set on display, check it out :D

espn said:
Then what are you waiting for? :lovegrin: Try Suntec, they have a set on display, check it out :D

Ah great, will drop by and check it out!

espn said:

is tt set on fot hrs daily? :think: if no den ok, if it is den d lifespan.... :embrass:

Gymrat76 said:
Was thinking of upgrading from my current 17" Sharp LCD to a larger one and was thinking probably get something in the 24" range. Dell has the new 2407FPW wide screen, which looks good on specs at $1.7+k. Samsung also has 24" models, as do Eizo, but Eizo probably out of my budget.

Have not been keeping up to date on this, can those of you who own, or are planning to get these 24" panels give some comments or recommendation for it? I'll be using it primarily for gaming (but not a hardcore gamer).. as well as watching movies/anime. Budget is below $2k, the lower the better :bsmilie:

Get the Dell 2405 2nd hand if you can. There are several known issues with the 2407FPW like bleeding and some ghosting etc..

Someone's letting go for $1.3k BNP on vrforums here:
http://forums.vr-zone.com/showthread.php?t=70182

Firefox said:
Get the Dell 2405 2nd hand if you can. There are several known issues with the 2407FPW like bleeding and some ghosting etc..

Someone's letting go for $1.3k BNP on vrforums here:
http://forums.vr-zone.com/showthread.php?t=70182

I thought the new revision A01 or something had fixed some of the issues? So Dell officially does not sell the 2405fpw already?

TMC said:
Save more for the EIZO :bsmilie: but the one at Dell aint bad

How much is the EIZO?

Gymrat76 said:
I thought the new revision A01 or something had fixed some of the issues? So Dell officially does not sell the 2405fpw already?

They do not officially sell the 2405 anymore.

The new revision A01 reduced the problems. But they're still present albeit slightly less noticable. Also, whether you get the new revision depends on whether their current stock in this market is the new revision. You can try your luck or go for something else that you know, works.

Eizo's are nice.. But you can probably buy a Canon EOS 5D for the price of a 22" ColourEdge LCD (which can reproduce Adobe RGB colour space) and still have change for a lense.

Brother go and get the dell24 inch you will never regret it...;)
for me i feel that screen is super big where i have to put the screen far away.... hehe:cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.