Which 1 comes first ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

LifeWithoutCrutches

May 27, 2009
Hey guys i got a question ..... which one would you first invest in ?

Very Good Lens Example Cannon L lens (EF 24-70mm f/2.8L USM) With maybe a 40D

or Good Body 5dmk2 and average lens (EF 24-85mm f/3.5-4.5 USM )?

Put it simply: The sensor cannot capture what the lens has screwed up. So priority should be given to the lens with adequate consideration of what the body is capable of. Higher end bodies come with certain features and functions that may be necessary for your style of shooting. What is yours? Define you needs (not your wants), check your wallet and you'll find the answer(s).
Btw: we might use the term 'to shoot' but still the camera brand is only Canon :bsmilie:

oh actually i'm suppose to buy a dslr for my company for taking finished projects comfirm need a ultra wide lens i was thinking of a cannon 10-22 mm and my buget is like 4.5k so when i saw the price of 5dmk2 i was like oh God NOOOOOOO so ex but its a FF so why not also my boss say i can take the cam for a spin anytime

haha so i was thinking why not and i do shoot a bit of concerts so the ISO of 5dmk2 is tempting xD

Do note that Canon 10-20 is an EF-S lens, not usable on 5D2. You can have a look at 17-40 or a UWA prime.

some would say the chicken...

Hey guys i got a question ..... which one would you first invest in ?

Reasonably good body....with very good lens. :)

oh actually i'm suppose to buy a dslr for my company for taking finished projects comfirm need a ultra wide lens i was thinking of a cannon 10-22 mm and my buget is like 4.5k so when i saw the price of 5dmk2 i was like oh God NOOOOOOO so ex but its a FF so why not also my boss say i can take the cam for a spin anytime

haha so i was thinking why not and i do shoot a bit of concerts so the ISO of 5dmk2 is tempting xD

Finished projects as in what? buildings? interiors? small objects? It really depends on what you are going to shoot.

If you are going to shoot buildings, you will need perspective control lenses and those run into the thousands. I am not sure about Canon but in the Nikon world it is called PC lenses.

Stretch your budget abit

5dII + second hand 17-40L

Tokina 10-17 on crop body!!!;)

40D and 17-55 IS .. lens > body

Hey daredevil123 mostly it will be hdb interior, corporate companies and restaurants

chalib

but its 17 mm i need a wide angle perspective lol

Hey EOS Revolution

i don't think its a good idea for me cause i need wide angle shots

17mm x 1.6 = 27.2mm abit too zoomed in xD

Get the 40D or 50D with 10-20mm lens. Best for interiors. None of the lens you listed are wide enough.

daredevil123 said:
Get the 40D or 50D with 10-20mm lens. Best for interiors. None of the lens you listed are wide enough.

LifeWithoutCrutches said:
oh actually i'm suppose to buy a dslr for my company for taking finished projects comfirm need a ultra wide lens i was thinking of a cannon 10-22 mm and my budget is like 4.5k so when i saw the price of 5dmk2 i was like oh God NOOOOOOO so ex but its a FF so why not also my boss say i can take the cam for a spin anytime

methinks.....
Your 4.5K budget could fit a 5DmkII + 17-40 f/4L i think.... i think..... :angel:
That's pretty wide!

well, if you are planning to go to full frame , please plan your lens roadmap properly.

not familiar with canon, but if you going to go full frame, buy only full frame lenses.

anyways, camera body get updated frequently.. every now and then there is a proper breakthrough for canon where they don't just throw pixie dust (i.e. some small obscure addition that people MIGHT want, but don't really need).. so lens > body.. for all brands.

that said, doesn't mean you go extreme and find some antique 10d or something and then complain that the noise performance no good. 40d is relatively up-to-par with modern standards today.

After factoring in the FOV crop (1.6x) on the 40D/50D, the 10-22mm is equivalent to about 16mm on FF. So if you can accept the 10-20mm on 40D/50D, you should be able to accept the 17-40mm on the 5DmkII.

Status
Not open for further replies.