Which 1.4x teleconverter is better? Sigma APO or Kenko Pro300?

Status
Not open for further replies.

leadwe

Sep 18, 2003
East
Both are in about the same price range if I am not wrong. Which is better in terms of quality? Thanks.

kenko pro :thumbsup:

but if u have sigma lens then go for the sigma tc..because sigma lens + kenko tc may not work- not too sure about this; u have to physically try them out

i have the Kenko Pro 1.4x, it works with the Sigma 70-300mm APO Macro II....

user111 said:
kenko pro :thumbsup:

but if u have sigma lens then go for the sigma tc..because sigma lens + kenko tc may not work- not too sure about this; u have to physically try them out

Another thing to add is that the Kenko Pro one would work with more lenses vs the Sigma one, cos the Sigma one has a protruding front part that won't fit some lenses.

Coeerst me if I am wrong.

Though the kenko can be use with any conbination of lens cause it does not have protruding element, it cant be use for FF, ie your film camera, since it design to work on dslr (1.5-1.6x crop factor). Not so sure if it works well with eos 1d & eos 1dmkll (1.3x crop factor).

dennis, it's not like that. the Kenko Pro teles (prev version and the current DG ones) will work on FF cameras without vignetting. The new "DG" series just have some coating to improve the image quality on DSLRs. It's just like Tamron's "Di" notation, e.g. 90mm f/2.8 Macro Di, which works equally well on FF/film cameras. (To confuse things further, Tamron's Di-II lenses are for exclusive use on APS-C DSLRs and would vignet on FF/film bodies.).

Just checking, is the rear element of the kenko pro tele con. (new version) circle or does it has a rectangular piece, like that of the EF-S lens?

The New Kenko TC does not work with Sigma 70-200mm f2.8 but works with Sigma 70-300mm f/4-5.6 APO Zoom Macro Super II.

The Kenko TC work perfectly with the Nikon 70-200mm f2.8 VR and AF 80-200mm f2.8D ED (2 touch). However, the latter lens will show f2.8 instead of f4.

You can't use Sigma TC on most Nikon lenses.

Kenko is the best buy! :thumbsup:

Thanks USM for the info. Was thinking of getting one teleconverter for my sigma 70-200. Seems like it would have to be the sigma one then.

Status
Not open for further replies.