Wherever I May Roam

Status
Not open for further replies.

cheguthamrin

Jul 14, 2007
3844709400_7e90a8e6a3.jpg

1. in what area is critique to be sought?
Composition

2. what one hopes to achieve with the piece of work?
To make use of the lines in the sand, leading to the silhouette, emphasised by the sun above

3. under what circumstance is the picture taken? (physical conditions/emotions)
Picture is taken during sunrise during low tide at Changi beach using 18-55mm kit lens; contrast adjustment. No croppin' just resized.

4. what the critique seeker personally thinks of the picture
I wasnt looking into the viewfinder for this shot, but I had roughly anticipated the couple to walk along the beach up to the point where the sun is almost directly above them. I believe my objective spelt out in #2 has been met.

I like ur idea of using the lines in the sand to lead to the silhouette, it will be better if u are able to capture their reflection in full. :)

the golden sand looks great.

composition wise, i suppose centre-positioning the sun and the two people would make a strong impact.

my two cents.

Beautiful !!! Lovely picture :thumbsup:

If a wider angle lens is used, more lines of the sand would be captured to enhance the effect ? My opinion lah, could be wrong ( happens alot:D )

Then again not the photographers fault since timing issue and equipment may not be readily available.

Either way its a fantastic shot, would be damn happy if I could capture a photo like this. :bsmilie:

I like ur idea of using the lines in the sand to lead to the silhouette, it will be better if u are able to capture their reflection in full. :)
Ah, I wasnt thinking of that. Wasnt even looking into the viewfinder as well. The morning sun was burning too hot by then. Thanks for the thought!

nice picture, pity abt the burnt-out sun though.
Hmmmm.... thanks. I was thinking the burn out sun had created a bigger impression, as if the sun is so big that its just above their head.

the golden sand looks great.

composition wise, i suppose centre-positioning the sun and the two people would make a strong impact.

my two cents.
Thanks for the input. Center positioning would be good, but off center wouldnt do much harm too? Would be interesting to create some symmetery, but the sand lines arent symmeterical for a start!

Beautiful !!! Lovely picture :thumbsup:

If a wider angle lens is used, more lines of the sand would be captured to enhance the effect ? My opinion lah, could be wrong ( happens alot:D )

Then again not the photographers fault since timing issue and equipment may not be readily available.

Either way its a fantastic shot, would be damn happy if I could capture a photo like this. :bsmilie:

Thank you! Just keep shooting!

I like this photo. I'm no expert but for me, I would wait just 1 or 2 more sec before pressing the shutter so that the couple won't be directly under the sun. But this is just me, and having said that, it may not make any difference if you take the pic this way. Anyway, I think it's a good shot.

everything is fine composition-wise for me, maybe minor cropping at the bottom so that that little thing poking at centre bottom is removed..

it is just that such a high contrast scene, i probably would not shoot. why? because you will need loads of shadow/highlight recovery, one or the other or both.. and here it shows, your sky is looking positively like a poster rather than a sky. :)

Great composition and timing.
Although such photos are common, it is still a beauty.
Did u do something to the sun ? It looks abit strange for me, the edges are too define.
I usually see a smoother transition from sun to sky.

I like this photo. I'm no expert but for me, I would wait just 1 or 2 more sec before pressing the shutter so that the couple won't be directly under the sun. But this is just me, and having said that, it may not make any difference if you take the pic this way. Anyway, I think it's a good shot.
Thank you!

everything is fine composition-wise for me, maybe minor cropping at the bottom so that that little thing poking at centre bottom is removed..

it is just that such a high contrast scene, i probably would not shoot. why? because you will need loads of shadow/highlight recovery, one or the other or both.. and here it shows, your sky is looking positively like a poster rather than a sky. :)
You always seem to see what I dont. Hehehe...

Great composition and timing.
Although such photos are common, it is still a beauty.
Did u do something to the sun ? It looks abit strange for me, the edges are too define.
I usually see a smoother transition from sun to sky.
Thank you.
I dont quite remember what I did, bumped up the contrast etc, but of course the "original size of the sun" before pp was a lot smaller.

The size of the sun is not in proportion with the whole picture. For those who shoots sunset with long telephotos lenses will easily spot the difference.
Should the sun remains its original size, the effect may be better.

Status
Not open for further replies.