Where's Olympus in PMA 2002?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Eh, still no news??? :dunno: :confused: :bheart: :rbounce:

Originally posted by ckiang

Hmm.... Busy making a OM4D? :D Revival of the OM series SLRs, now in digital form.

Regards
CK

;)

actually like to find out the quality of the pics for these 3 oly cameras

C2100
C2040
C700

which one has a better image quality?

Originally posted by hong

;)

actually like to find out the quality of the pics for these 3 oly cameras

C2100
C2040
C700

If you want to see the actual pix, for C2040 can look at BLitz webpage but he only just started taking pix.

For C700, can look at Azone or Klause homepage.

For C2100, can look at Jayan webpage (He just started also, hehe).

Or you can do a search in this forum by their nick under those pix posting sections.

Ooops, didn't read carefully. You are asking CK's opinion. Pls ignore my post. :embrass:

Originally posted by hong

C2100
C2040
C700

very difficult to compare them unless you own all these 3 DC . BTW , to take good pictures , you can have any of these 3 DC .. it is not the camera that give good pic , it's the photographer <-- yourself :)

megaweb, looking at various people's galleries will only show up the differences in photography skills....

Hmm.... Busy making a OM4D? :D Revival of the OM series SLRs, now in digital form.

Regards
CK
CK, how come nobody own a Olympus SLR here. I thought the OM series used to be one of the best?

Originally posted by Kevin
CK, how come nobody own a Olympus SLR here. I thought the OM series used to be one of the best?

Because it's not Nikon, Canon or Minolta. :p Actually, they are pretty good in their heyday (days when FM2 was king). They can still be found in the 2nd hand stores, and there are some diehards who still swear by them. Unfortunately, Olympus has decided to discontinue their production. The OM1 and OM4Ti are now classics.

Regards
CK

Originally posted by megaweb

very difficult to compare them unless you own all these 3 DC . BTW , to take good pictures , you can have any of these 3 DC .. it is not the camera that give good pic , it's the photographer <-- yourself :)

ya, but with the same photography skills , which one will turn out better pics? :confused:

In my opinion, C2040 and C2100 produces marginaly better quality pictures than the C700UZ. But the differences are not much, so if you're planning to get oen of them, focus on the features (the 3 are very different featureswise!!!).

Because it's not Nikon, Canon or Minolta. :p Actually, they are pretty good in their heyday (days when FM2 was king). They can still be found in the 2nd hand stores, and there are some diehards who still swear by them. Unfortunately, Olympus has decided to discontinue their production. The OM1 and OM4Ti are now classics.

Regards
CK
You mean they were very good in SLR then they make junk SLR now and stop making of SLR completely?

2100 can shoot further, steadier
700 can shoot further
2040 can shoot brighter, cheaper

i've used all three cameras.. the C2100, C700, and C2040...

for photo quality, the C2040 is really good, especially with that F1.8 lens... so fast.. the photos are slightly grainy though... even at ISO 100... but at ISO 400, it beats the other two..

The C700uz has problem with noise at ISO 100... when it's underexposed...

so in order of image quality(for me), it's like..
C2040z
C2100uz
C700uz

Status
Not open for further replies.