Where's Olympus in PMA 2002?


Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Sphoenix

Guest
#3
Eh, still no news??? :dunno: :confused: :bheart: :rbounce:
 

hong

New Member
Feb 4, 2002
426
0
0
Visit site
#6
Originally posted by ckiang


Hmm.... Busy making a OM4D? :D Revival of the OM series SLRs, now in digital form.

Regards
CK
;)

actually like to find out the quality of the pics for these 3 oly cameras

C2100
C2040
C700

which one has a better image quality?
 

Kevin

New Member
Jan 18, 2002
897
0
0
North West
Visit site
#7
Originally posted by hong


;)

actually like to find out the quality of the pics for these 3 oly cameras

C2100
C2040
C700

which one has a better image quality?
If you want to see the actual pix, for C2040 can look at BLitz webpage but he only just started taking pix.

For C700, can look at Azone or Klause homepage.

For C2100, can look at Jayan webpage (He just started also, hehe).

Or you can do a search in this forum by their nick under those pix posting sections.

Ooops, didn't read carefully. You are asking CK's opinion. Pls ignore my post. :embrass:
 

megaweb

Moderator
Staff member
Jan 17, 2002
8,541
3
38
East
megaweb.clubsnap.org
#8
Originally posted by hong


C2100
C2040
C700

which one has a better image quality?
very difficult to compare them unless you own all these 3 DC . BTW , to take good pictures , you can have any of these 3 DC .. it is not the camera that give good pic , it's the photographer <-- yourself :)
 

Kevin

New Member
Jan 18, 2002
897
0
0
North West
Visit site
#10
Originally posted by ckiang


Hmm.... Busy making a OM4D? :D Revival of the OM series SLRs, now in digital form.

Regards
CK
CK, how come nobody own a Olympus SLR here. I thought the OM series used to be one of the best?
 

#11
Originally posted by Kevin
CK, how come nobody own a Olympus SLR here. I thought the OM series used to be one of the best?
Because it's not Nikon, Canon or Minolta. :p Actually, they are pretty good in their heyday (days when FM2 was king). They can still be found in the 2nd hand stores, and there are some diehards who still swear by them. Unfortunately, Olympus has decided to discontinue their production. The OM1 and OM4Ti are now classics.

Regards
CK
 

hong

New Member
Feb 4, 2002
426
0
0
Visit site
#12
Originally posted by megaweb


very difficult to compare them unless you own all these 3 DC . BTW , to take good pictures , you can have any of these 3 DC .. it is not the camera that give good pic , it's the photographer <-- yourself :)
ya, but with the same photography skills , which one will turn out better pics? :confused:
 

mpenza

Senior Member
Jan 18, 2002
12,938
0
0
Singapore
www.instagram.com
#13
In my opinion, C2040 and C2100 produces marginaly better quality pictures than the C700UZ. But the differences are not much, so if you're planning to get oen of them, focus on the features (the 3 are very different featureswise!!!).
 

Kevin

New Member
Jan 18, 2002
897
0
0
North West
Visit site
#14
Originally posted by ckiang


Because it's not Nikon, Canon or Minolta. :p Actually, they are pretty good in their heyday (days when FM2 was king). They can still be found in the 2nd hand stores, and there are some diehards who still swear by them. Unfortunately, Olympus has decided to discontinue their production. The OM1 and OM4Ti are now classics.

Regards
CK
You mean they were very good in SLR then they make junk SLR now and stop making of SLR completely?
 

mfo

New Member
Jan 29, 2002
38
0
0
Visit site
#16
i've used all three cameras.. the C2100, C700, and C2040...

for photo quality, the C2040 is really good, especially with that F1.8 lens... so fast.. the photos are slightly grainy though... even at ISO 100... but at ISO 400, it beats the other two..

The C700uz has problem with noise at ISO 100... when it's underexposed...

so in order of image quality(for me), it's like..
C2040z
C2100uz
C700uz
 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom