Where you usually buy from

Status
Not open for further replies.

makan007

Feb 17, 2002
Singapore
Any other well established camera shops other than Cathay Photo & Alley Photo? I prefer CP. They are well known to professionals. They have been in camera business for more than 40 years. This is one shop with goodwill. I can't find wat I want from Alley Photo. Limited choices such as they don't carry Canon lenses & Lowepro camera bags which I'm looking for. Also, can't get the tripod head I want. :p

john3:16 at funan

I bought a Canon 28-70 together with a few filters from Camera Workshop and is happy with their service. Their prices are usually cheaper than CP because they offer their "own warranty". I do go to CP also for Lowepro bags and B+W filters. That's about it. I stay away from shops on the second level, above CP however. Don't ask me why.

Me also John 3:16
but then Samuel always bully me one. he don't want to answer my question. leslie better and gary also

Originally posted by nicholas1986
Me also John 3:16
but then Samuel always bully me one. he don't want to answer my question. leslie better and gary also

I buy most of my stuff from John 3:16. Price is a bit higher but service is excellent. Never had any trouble with any staff there.

Regards
CK

Fotoguide. (opposite CP Peninsula)

I bought a Sigma 28-70, noticed a tiny mark on one of the lens elements (not noticeable in shop under fluorescent light), brought it back to Nelson the next day, he changed it, no questions asked.

When i was looking for a Coolscan, CP was out of stock but gave me a price. I went to Fotoguide, Nelson called up the distributor, found they had 1 unit, said can get it by the end of the day, and went under CP's price by a little bit ;)

I would say I buy stuff from both Fotoguide and CP, but I'm in Fotoguide more since i send film to them for processing.

Originally posted by erwinx
Fotoguide. (opposite CP Peninsula)

I bought a Sigma 28-70, noticed a tiny mark on one of the lens elements (not noticeable in shop under fluorescent light), brought it back to Nelson the next day, he changed it, no questions asked.

When i was looking for a Coolscan, CP was out of stock but gave me a price. I went to Fotoguide, Nelson called up the distributor, found they had 1 unit, said can get it by the end of the day, and went under CP's price by a little bit ;)

I would say I buy stuff from both Fotoguide and CP, but I'm in Fotoguide more since i send film to them for processing.

Well, rumours has it that FotoGuide is started by ex-CP employees, dunno how far it's true. ;p

Regards
CK

Originally posted by Jayan

Sunday no. Mon ~ Sat onli, from 11a.m ~ 8 p.m, if I'm not wrong.
Sigh. Thanks anyway.

i'm also buying my equipmetn from john3:16...
they can discuss so we can have good preview/advise before buying...

ask leslie or garry...coz samuel always busy..

do come mon-fri....saturday is too busy, u might not get any advise from them

they open 11am-9pm mon-sat

Hmmm fotoguide,CP,ALan,Ruby
Fotoguide,Ruby,john, for better service.
Alan... always busy with ang moh.
CP ... u must buy after u bargain... duh.

for me, Alan Photo for the camera, Cathay Photo for accessories, and MS Color when I need something urgently. Also, got some things from Alley Photo when I realise I could bargain there ;p

Originally posted by mpenza
for me, Alan Photo for the camera, Cathay Photo for accessories, and MS Color when I need something urgently. Also, got some things from Alley Photo when I realise I could bargain there ;p
MS Color open daily? Located at which part of AMK? Can provide me with the address?

Status
Not open for further replies.