Where you park your spare money?

ahboy168

Mar 30, 2009
East
If no risky investment, where to park money?

No spare money to park :(

In a tin can under my bed...

Property lo...

Too many options.. Pls provide more parameters like time horizon, liquidity needs, any financial knowledge and If possible an estimated figure..
Anything under $20k I would recommend a foreign currency fixed deposit like AUD. Current economic outlook seems like slight upside and the interest is close to a decent 5% which more or less matches inflation. And Fcfd is guaranteed by MAS for figures up to $20k placed in a bank.

Oh.. just to add a disclaimer, it's best to seek a financial advisor who u trust to seek advise. Many a times the simplest option is actually the best one too.. cheers.. :)

You should park it under the frog.

15151530-feng-shui-money-keeper-frog-sitting-on-money.jpg

Not too much spare $$$ that could put aside...

Dump all into CPF Special Account for minimum of 4% interest per annum. Our dear government will help to make the best use out of your finances with their superb money sense.

Thank you for contributing towards nation building.

Last edited:
If there are no risky investment, one will simply invest in a risk-free asset and earn the risk free rate. I don't understand the question at all.

Please park here. They are waiting to welcome you.

mbs-opening_007.jpg

Photo credit: Larry Loh / CNN Go

Money are meant to be spent, not saved... All my spare money are spent on camera lenses

I put my money under my bed. The interest rate there is ~5%.

Too many options.. Pls provide more parameters like time horizon, liquidity needs, any financial knowledge and If possible an estimated figure..
Anything under $20k I would recommend a foreign currency fixed deposit like AUD. Current economic outlook seems like slight upside and the interest is close to a decent 5% which more or less matches inflation. And Fcfd is guaranteed by MAS for figures up to $20k placed in a bank.

err. how up to date is your info? Aussie is facing numerous rate cuts