Where would you go for a 0 shutter count DSLR?

SAMUELS

Nov 10, 2010
If you wanted a zero shutter count brand new DSLR, which shop would you visit, or rather where would be the most likely place to get it from?

Just curious on which shops have been accepting returns and allowing people to test the cameras, since there have been a number of people with significant shutter counts on their brand new unit.

Thanks.

If you wanted a zero shutter count brand new DSLR, which shop would you visit, or rather where would be the most likely place to get it from?

Just curious on which shops have been accepting returns and allowing people to test the cameras, since there have been a number of people with significant shutter counts on their brand new unit.

Thanks.

no such thing.

Thanks.

erm...fresh off the production line and without QC check...LOL...

just curious cus mine came with 0 shutter count and I have seen a few people reporting some pretty large figures for the initial shutter count.

erm...fresh off the production line and without QC check...LOL...

:bsmilie: I agree.

You can apply for QC job at Nikon/Canon/Sony camera factory.

Should got zero shutter count camera everyday :bsmilie:

i got mine from the authorised shops, 0 shutter count (using astrogen software to check, not by memory card looking at filename). unless the shop is capable of resetting the shutter count after letting the customers try out.

just dun factor in the factory QC checks. I dun believe they also dun QC every single set, maybe just a few for each batch.

i got mine from the authorised shops, 0 shutter count (using astrogen software to check, not by memory card looking at filename). unless the shop is capable of resetting the shutter count after letting the customers try out.

just dun factor in the factory QC checks. I dun believe they also dun QC every single set, maybe just a few for each batch.

okies

That was what I was thinking...
anyway doesnt matter especially when camera can do crazy frames per second, you'll be in the thousands in no time.

Hi guys, I plan to get a new car but it must have zero mileage on the odometer. Which showroom can I purchase such a car from?

you need to purchase it straight from the factory, ship it here all the way on a trailer and then park it at your house. although i'll worry when you start driving. because that's when you start accumulating mileage.

and then no one will want to buy it second hand.

the pain....

you need to purchase it straight from the factory, ship it here all the way on a trailer and then park it at your house. although i'll worry when you start driving. because that's when you start accumulating mileage.

and then no one will want to buy it second hand.

the pain....

Not good enuff.... the minute they ROLL off production floor...there is no 0 mileage.. Try going to factory and see if you can get them to ship all the parts to you... :bsmilie: Macam IKEA DIY... *IDEA* Erm...good luck with the assembly manual... :sweat:

Thanks.

You buy any DSLR, then go to the service centre to replace shutter right away?

Thanks.

Why so anal? Not meant in an offensive way, but really...?

It is possible to buy camera bodies with 0 shutter count off the shelve. Mine came with 0. I don't think it is unreasonable for cameras to come with some amount of shots taken, but there really is a difference between buying a camera body from a shop with 100 shutter actuation and one with 1000shutter actuation. I mean who will buy a "brand new" car with 1500km on the clock at the brand new list price?

BTW I believe it is POSSIBLE to order a car which nobody has driven before, not even the factory staff or showroom dealer, just that it takes some money and a lot of time and passion.

It is possible to buy camera bodies with 0 shutter count off the shelve. Mine came with 0. I don't think it is unreasonable for cameras to come with some amount of shots taken, but there really is a difference between buying a camera body from a shop with 100 shutter actuation and one with 1000shutter actuation. I mean who will buy a "brand new" car with 1500km on the clock at the brand new list price?

Not to really argue on your point, but does this mean that 0 shutter count worth more than one "brand new" cam with some shots (can be ranging from 100 and beyond) taken? if that's the case, I think the stores should start charging for every test shots taken by potential users who test and walk off..

of course, after certain shutter count, I believe the shop may consider putting it as display set.. if it's not a v.high end body.

Get a job as an assembly production worker in one of these Camera production companies .... and request that you be appointed as the person to press the virgin click! for all the DSLR.

BTW I believe it is POSSIBLE to order a car which nobody has driven before, not even the factory staff or showroom dealer, just that it takes some money and a lot of time and passion.
well, I can foresee if every customers all want 0 shutter count cameras, the camera store salesman will simply ask: "are you confirm buying this camera? confirmed? double confirmed? triple confirmed?? if yes, put the money down on the counter than I open the box and let you touch this camera, and if you want to try another camera just buy both cameras, because nobody want non virgin cameras."

imagine during a photo outing....

A: whoa, I can see you got a new camera...

B: yes, just got it last week.

A: how does it perform?

B: I have not tried it yet, but confirm 0 shutter counts, nobody ever touch it except me.

A: can show me?

B: you are already looking at it now.

A: har? how to see? it is still inside the box with plastic wrapping outside.

It's like looking for virgin woman ...