Where will you be "The Day After Tomorrow"?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tomshen

Feb 20, 2002
Singapore
Wonder who can survivie if this happens in a tropical island ;)

Er, I think we will be flooded by the rising sea levels because of the melting ice caps well before any typhoons or blizzards hit us.

Singapore is geographically very well protected by the surrounding continents and islands (Malay Peninsular and Indonesia) so typhoons will probably not hit us. Being near the equator there's practically no chance of having blizzards or hailstorms. A heat wave, maybe? But we will all be hiding in our aircon comfort...besides, the surrounding sea will swallow up the temperature swing before it causes significant heat damage.

Maybe u can ski on the surface of Pacific Ocean. :D

Ah Pao said:
Er, I think we will be flooded by the rising sea levels because of the melting ice caps well before any typhoons or blizzards hit us.

Singapore is geographically very well protected by the surrounding continents and islands (Malay Peninsular and Indonesia) so typhoons will probably not hit us. Being near the equator there's practically no chance of having blizzards or hailstorms. A heat wave, maybe? But we will all be hiding in our aircon comfort...besides, the surrounding sea will swallow up the temperature swing before it causes significant heat damage.

my mother told me, singapore did experience hail storm once. I was a kid when she told me then and she is no longer around so i cannot verify...

any senior citizen here, any recollection of hail in singapore.

OT: I'll be in office the day after tomorrow...

Haaa... If u have watch the movie... Singapore never kana... the ice never cover util the equator... only the northern part of earth...

It was not because of ice / sea level or geographically position.

The reason why because the city are flooded by the sea was because of the moon.

In the galaxy far far away, there are lot of black holes. This black holes move all over the galaxy, sucking everything along their path, sucking rocks and drop it somewhere, sometime it drop on planet earth, hence they called it asteriod.

Our moon, according to NASA, is further and further away from our Earth, because of black holes. One day, maybe 500 years later, maybe 1000, maybe 2000. The moon will disappear.

You might asked "the moon gone so wat does it got to do with storm??".

Well, our earth rotatation depands on the moon, if the moon is gone, the earth rotation will change. just like a cup of water, you rotate it the other way the water will flow out.

ninelives said:
Our moon, according to NASA, is further and further away from our Earth, because of black holes. One day, maybe 500 years later, maybe 1000, maybe 2000. The moon will disappear..

The consolation is that at least, it's not the day after tomorrow :)

ninelives said:
You might asked "the moon gone so wat does it got to do with storm??".

Well, our earth rotatation depands on the moon, if the moon is gone, the earth rotation will change. just like a cup of water, you rotate it the other way the water will flow out.
Emm, if the moon is gone, and the earth rotation change, does that mean that there will not be a tomorrow? That tomorrow will happen yesterday? (because the earth rotate the other way???)

What utter rubbish.
The only reason why the Earth is going to flooded is because Kevin Costner need a real reason to film the sequel to Waterworld.

;)

No lah, must remember that "Tomorrow Never Dies". :bsmilie:

Astin said:
Emm, if the moon is gone, and the earth rotation change, does that mean that there will not be a tomorrow? That tomorrow will happen yesterday? (because the earth rotate the other way???)

zekai said:
my mother told me, singapore did experience hail storm once. I was a kid when she told me then and she is no longer around so i cannot verify...

any senior citizen here, any recollection of hail in singapore.

i remember a old cab driver telling me about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.