where where where!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

mintae

Dec 16, 2005
which nearby island/destination nice to shoot ar? as in generally easy to get picturesque shots? :cool:
nearby defined as relatively cheap to get to.

egs. phuket, bali, batam, bangkok etc etc.

and anyone interested in going with 2 18+year olds newbies (one guy, one girl). =)
haha. holiday holiday! either in march first week or any weekends from friday night to sunday night that kind.

that or anytime with me only. ehem. no tikos and chee ko peks. nonono. :bsmilie:

Heh, wouldn't mind a low-expense trip. But yeah, emphasis on newbie.

Maybe we should go ubin, eh?

But yeah, I think singapore has countless opportunities for gorgeous shots.

Yup, if all u need is sun, sand and sea picturesque shots, then any island is the same, Ubin is quite nice actually, Sentosa also very good too.

Ubin, St John's, Sisters', Kusu all might be able to get very nice shots.

I don't think Sultan Shoal or Raffles Lighthouse are accessible, but if they are, would be very beautiful.

the night sky on one of the ubin beaches is absolutely gorgeous (the constellations!)(i didnt expect to find it) but i keep underexposing or overexposing my shots of skies. im going nuts. =( fully manual kid here. saving very hard for a new baby. :bsmilie: thanks for all the suggestions. =D when im going i'll post details for anyone interested. :cool:

will keep a look out for your outing post. don't mind joining for the shoot.

mintae>> Maybe you can organise a chalet on Pulau Ubin as they have the chalet resort. Get people to join in and pay for the chalet rental. That way everyone gets to shoot lotsa of nice landscape & seascape pictures and not to mention capturing star-trails using long exposure timing. :)

If you get to organise one, I'm interested. :)

mintae said:
the night sky on one of the ubin beaches is absolutely gorgeous (the constellations!)(i didnt expect to find it) but i keep underexposing or overexposing my shots of skies. im going nuts. =( fully manual kid here. saving very hard for a new baby. :bsmilie: thanks for all the suggestions. =D when im going i'll post details for anyone interested. :cool:

I assume you are using film camera. :)

May I know what camera are u using? 35mm format or medium format?

For films, you can use low film speed i.e. ISO 100 of either color transparency films (slide) or B&W films. Recommended brands are Kodak Ektachrome E100VS & Kodak TMAX100. With shutter speed set to 'B' for long exposure timing, and aperture of either f/16 or f/22, expose for abt 22min (@f/16) and abt 53min (@f/22).

Of cuz make sure there's no dense clouds in the night sky and no distant lights to ruin yr exposures. At the end result, you'll get lotsa circular star-trails swirling in the night sky. Give it a try if you have the chance again. :wink:

Hey Cool,

BKK, Macau and Bali is great...shall we organise something to this 2 place.. a 3day 2nite or 4day 3 nite outing. Will be great.

I will be in BKK from the 27th till 31st Dec. I don't mind going there on a photo shoot specially.

If you throw in ur name and possible preference for location and timing. I can try to organise it and handle the logistic. If you have budget constraint also put down how much u willing to spend for hotel and airfare

1) pierceteo, Bali, JFM06
2)
3)
4)
5)
6)
7)
8)

Thanx
Pierce

mintae said:
which nearby island/destination nice to shoot ar? as in generally easy to get picturesque shots? :cool:
nearby defined as relatively cheap to get to.

egs. phuket, bali, batam, bangkok etc etc.

and anyone interested in going with 2 18+year olds newbies (one guy, one girl). =)
haha. holiday holiday! either in march first week or any weekends from friday night to sunday night that kind.

that or anytime with me only. ehem. no tikos and chee ko peks. nonono. :bsmilie:[/QUOT

Oh certainly, Bali is the 2nd most beautiful island I ever visited. The people, the culture, the sunsets and most wonderfully, the FOOD.

I went to Bali this June with my art classmates, 5D4N and stayed in the Legian Paradiso Hotel, in Legian, Kuta, in close proximity to the Bali 2002 bombing site.

For anyone who wishes to visit Bali, make sure you have lots of CF backups, portable harddisk or laptop, I fill up 1x 1GB CF in a day.

mintae said:

count me in! got any outing can PM me? :)

redstone said:
Mint, I wanna join too!!! :lovegrin:

i tot u going out w/ Mintae tomo? :think:

mint, if u organise, i go! but preferably in march?

hopefully dun need 2 wake up too early type-of-outing. :sweat:

redstone said:
Eh?

:embrass:

No leh... :bsmilie:

dun 1 me 2 go say so eh. u kept all details (timing & location) 2 urself, still say outing is open 2 all? lol... ;(

Status
Not open for further replies.