Where to test K-X before buying?

Status
Not open for further replies.

beniz

Apr 12, 2009
Hi all, i went to cathay and slr rev , but no display model to test or see. :(

Hi all, i went to cathay and slr rev , but no display model to test or see. :(

Due to lower volumes, the retailers usually cannot afford to have a "display" set. But you can try Emjay at peninsula plaza or join the monthly Pentax outings. The one just over had a few k-x in the group. :)

Thanks for your reply ! i will surely join the pentax outing after i got my cam, in 1-2wks time :)

I am only looking at k-x and a500, but pentax is more value for money since both using 'same' sensor. Branding and lens selection doesnt matter, since i dun intend to buy all ! :bsmilie:

Does the k-x white comes with white kit lens? does it look weird with black color lens in real life?

Last edited:
The white definitely looks cool and different from the usual black SLRs. From fellow Pentaxian's reply, the white k-x will come with the nice white kit-lens.

I feel black lenses look great on the white body as well, coz the grip is black already, as well as the dials and buttons.

you can refer to our last outing thread and see some white k-x in action, with black lenses as well ;)

thanks for the replys ! I saw the outing thread, the white looks good,lol . But seeing the real set is better. I used to own a white psp, after a while , it not so 'white' . Same happen to the cord of my earphones :)

yeah, i guess white is more of a novelty color, gotta really baby & polish it :)

don't forget the red and blue ones are coming next week!
I was previously looking for the blue one but they said they will not bring it in but I guess now they change their mind seeing how popular the coloured options are. :)

don't forget the red and blue ones are coming next week!
I was previously looking for the blue one but they said they will not bring it in but I guess now they change their mind seeing how popular the coloured options are. :)

Can pm me which shop coming for the blue one? got 1 shop told me , mths later then blue and red come :sweat:

thks~

try emjay. ;)

thanks bro, tml after work i will go down take a look. Tml will be my 3days in a row going down to city hall look for k-x :bsmilie:

thanks bro, tml after work i will go down take a look. Tml will be my 3days in a row going down to city hall look for k-x :bsmilie:

city hall not so far from sim lim square, you can try calling OP as well, see if they have anything that you can try if you don't manage to get emjay or any retailers there , i.e. alan photo, cathay photo, john 3:16..

number if you don't already have it 63391035

another alternative is tk foto, at shaw tower near suntec.

city hall not so far from sim lim square, you can try calling OP as well, see if they have anything that you can try if you don't manage to get emjay or any retailers there , i.e. alan photo, cathay photo, john 3:16..

number if you don't already have it 63391035

another alternative is tk foto, at shaw tower near suntec.

Thanks for your help, i will try to go to those shops and see :)

*I dun have good impressions of OP , i will bycott their shop....

Thanks for your help, i will try to go to those shops and see :)

*I dun have good impressions of OP , i will bycott their shop....

why? i quite like them actually. they're where i got my first k100d, and i would have bought my k20d from them but they didn't have stock.

Yup..their service is pretty decent considering they do not speak english very well. I got my K-x from them too. But if you have issues with them previously, SLR-revloution opp John3:16 in Funan Centre has the lowest price of $942 plus the lady behind the counter is pretty too ;p
However, I did not see any sets when I was there last week.
BTW, if anyone drops by SLR revolution do ask if they have a website and what is their contact number so that Gengh can update his pricelist and retailer detail.
Cheers

Yup..their service is pretty decent considering they do not speak english very well. I got my K-x from them too.

dude, don't you own a k-7?

You bought another body?!?

How many do you own now? :D

Status
Not open for further replies.