Where to take sunset/sunrise

Status
Not open for further replies.

kelvin7531

Jan 5, 2009
hi guys,any kind soul out there can advise good spot for shooting sunset or sunrise

there are so many places to take sunrise sunset,
depends on how you define "good"

hi guys,any kind soul out there can advise good spot for shooting sunset or sunrise
IMHO from a high vantage point ... like top of Mt Faber, Kent Ridge or Henderson Wave Bridge for sunsets. Maybe, Changi Point for sunrise???

thanks alot guys

thanks alot guys

I know how u felt ... sometimes it can get like this. :bsmilie:

What they meant is please go google ... there're many infos on yr subject scattered all over CS. Sometimes I too dun understand ... some can take time to post but most not of any help. :rolleyes: Post like no post ...

Anyway, keep that in mind ... search before opening thread to ask.

Here's something for u ... go read up and last few pages holds the latest info - Listing for Land/City-scapes Venues - SINGAPORE

Sorry, but your question is rather vague. What do you want in your foreground? The sea? HDB flats? Hills? Kelong?

if u dun mind travel "a bit", i recommand u santorini for sunset.

I know how u felt ... sometimes it can get like this. :bsmilie:

What they meant is please go google ... there're many infos on yr subject scattered all over CS. Sometimes I too dun understand ... some can take time to post but most not of any help. :rolleyes: Post like no post ...

to be fair, google won't solve this query

flickr search and clubsnap search will..

it is not hard to find, there are only so many locations in singapore, stick around long enough in clubsnap, you will realise 80% of the common locations.

for a start, sunrise -

1) changi beach
2) punggol end beach
3) merlion park city hall

sunset -

1) punggol end beach
2) changi boardwalk
3) chinese gardens, jurong east
4) city hall area, merlion park also can, depending on time of year though

oh yes, before i forget, most of the reservoirs are good too

lower peirce good for sunset
upper peirce good for sunset
macritchie good for both sunrise and sunset, but need to walk
lower seletar good for sunset
bedok reservoir good for sunset

A good place to be to catch a good sunset would be at the Changi Boardwalk near the Changi Beach Club.

perhaps TS can also ask mr nightmare which ones are good for threading into the water to get the water at eye level, ftw shot :) honestly

perhaps TS can also ask mr nightmare which ones are good for threading into the water to get the water at eye level, ftw shot :) honestly
that have to depend on when is the period of the year, time of the day, position of the moon, so can know the tide level.......

anywhere dat faces east? :dunno:
If you're travelling at a velocity of 1,674.4 km/h towards the west at approximately 1900 to 1915 hours, you'll be to catch a sunset 24/7. But if the sun is at a fixed position in the sky forever, does it then constitutes a sunset? :think:

Last edited:

:bsmilie::bsmilie::bsmilie:

now, i am fully prepared to lose all my equipment whenever i do such things..

so i would not tell everyone to do it, not everyone is prepared to do so..

that have to depend on when is the period of the year, time of the day, position of the moon, so can know the tide level.......

:bsmilie::bsmilie::bsmilie:

now, i am fully prepared to lose all my equipment whenever i do such things..

so i would not tell everyone to do it, not everyone is prepared to do so..

yeah uncle catchlights, that's why i cannot be as gungho if not my camera will face a nightmare :)

anyway ts, you can attempt some high rise building too for such shots

to add,

pandan reservoir for sunset bus 143, 51, 30 , 176

Try one of the overhead bridge over the AYE during dawn or evening. Can get some cityscape sunrise or sunset. If the condition is right, you may get some reddish looking sun.

Status
Not open for further replies.