Where to take good scenery photos in SG?

ayumicha

Aug 5, 2009
Hi all,

I have looked through landscape/scenery forum and there were so many photos about CBD and sunset/sunrise. I just want to capture very simple greens with water, if there is any old style houses near the water it'd be great. Could anyone point out where to look for that kinda "rural" and undisturbed view?

it would really be a plus if there are round and big stones under water, I wanna practice capture their texture.

Thank you very much.

Go back to Landscapes section. Look at the stickies. Look at 2nd link.. called venues.. or something.

Did you even try looking for the info? :dunno:

Go back to Landscapes section. Look at the stickies. Look at 2nd link.. called venues.. or something.

Did you even try looking for the info? :dunno:

Yes I did. well bcuz I wanna take a photo with all the elements inside(greens, water, stone underwater) and what is most imp is the old house... not everyplace has an old vintage feel right. ;p

Yes I did. well bcuz I wanna take a photo with all the elements inside(greens, water, stone underwater) and what is most imp is the old house... not everyplace has an old vintage feel right. ;p

If you want everything in that specific combination... No. There is no such place in SG.

You can try another country though...

3751634799_1e4d8e2a17.jpg

3811570142_9183377ac6.jpg

Last edited:

well, half the fun is finding it out for yourself and we wont want to deny u that..

Take a trip to Lim Chu Kang and you could probably find the scenery you desire. Also try cemetries - I m not kidding - which can make meet your objectives. Otherwise, everywhere and anywhere can make a good scenery; we just need to look at the subject from a different angle. To borrow a quote, Successful photographers don't shot different subjects, they shoot them differently.

Take a trip to Lim Chu Kang and you could probably find the scenery you desire. Also try cemetries - I m not kidding - which can make meet your objectives. Otherwise, everywhere and anywhere can make a good scenery; we just need to look at the subject from a different angle. To borrow a quote, Successful photographers don't shot different subjects, they shoot them differently.

:D Probably I will consider doing this next lunar month...:bsmilie:

Bro, none of what you said will fit. He wants those fixed set of specific elements all in one place.

- Greens
- Water
- Big rocks/stone underwater
- Old quaint house

See his insistence:

In Singapore don't think there is. But I know a couple of places in China with those things.

Another one here.

3385286966_3dd5a87185.jpg

The closest that u can come close for this in SG might be lower pierce or macritchie with those pavillions.

2639833002_196d3f595b_z.jpg

2639003231_23c5a95eb0_z.jpg

Other than that u can ur old house settings in ubin less the big rocks. Can try to see if there are other angles to see rocks though.

4700556726_7628ee8795_z.jpg

Happy finding :)

Bro, none of what you said will fit. He wants those fixed set of specific elements all in one place.

- Greens
- Water
- Big rocks/stone underwater
- Old quaint house

Pulau Ubin could be the answer; I some pics of prawn farming with old house but need to search my dry box for the slide. Hey TS, take a trip to Ubin. Board the ferry at Changi Point ($2 one-way). On the island, you could also rent a bike. I am sure someone can point you to the the prawn farming area. Njoy.