Where to subscribe for Strait Times newspaper?

Status
Not open for further replies.

josho

Nov 27, 2004
Jln Teck Whye
pboong.com
Wanted to subscribe the newspaper, The Strait Times. I went to the web and saw that I had to pay for 1 year subscription. Was told that there's people doing distributing of newspaper charging at lower price (ain't sure) and I can also pay by monthly.

Do anyone had contacts for it?

Many thanks :thumbsup:

wake up really early and talk to them when they are delivering the papers

or ask your neighbours for the contact, it can be found on the invoice

different areas have different distributors

:think:

Not too sure, but maybe you could get a copy of any Straits time. I think if I remembered correctly, there should be a small space somewhere on the front page where a number is printed for ordering the Straits Times.

I normally don't buy ST nowadays, depnding mostly on the free copies of Today :bsmilie:

Wanted to read ST because of more information.. suddenly crazy... wanted to read more.. lol...

Yah.. whole floor of neighbour do not subscribe for it. A total 4 neighbour that is beside me.

Wanted to know if distributor collect lower pricing than ST online. LOL

ortega is right. That's what my aunt did. But I subscribed for Straits Times subscription for 2 year at AXS station. Saves me 20% by signing up 2 years.

Call 63883838 and deal with SPH directly. The good thing about subscribing from SPH is that you can charge your subscription to your credit card. Besides, they also gave me a subscription gift, a portable radio in my case, when I signed up sometime back.

ortega is right. That's what my aunt did. But I subscribed for Straits Times subscription for 2 year at AXS station. Saves me 20% by signing up 2 years.

i believe that the distributor charges you the same price for the newspaper + $1 delivery charge (per month)

correct me if i am wrong

Call 63883838 and deal with SPH directly. The good thing about subscribing from SPH is that you can charge your subscription to your credit card. Besides, they also gave me a subscription gift, a portable radio in my case, when I signed up sometime back.

Do they have mthly charges or must it be 1 year? Just curious about it. Thanks.

ortega - i see.. I thought there's different pricing. lol

Thanks ppl!

Do they have mthly charges or must it be 1 year? Just curious about it. Thanks.

ortega - i see.. I thought there's different pricing. lol

Thanks ppl!

Contact SPH and they will send your local delivery vendor to deal with you, as in collecting your subscription each month. You can call SPH or the vendor to stop anytime for a short period or cancel, unless you are on long-term contract.

Tot SPH have discount for new subscribers :cool:

They always have road shows (discount and free gifts) during weekend at crowded MRT stations like tampiness or AMK...

But u driving one of course never notice :p

interestingly i quit subscriping after i notice 75% of the paper is just
advertisement.

open a 2 page spread and see how many percent is news and adverts.
If you need local news , go for the chinese papers
if you need international news go goggle news

lightrules - Getting newspaper because I wanna get my eyes out from PC.. straining my eyes too much recently. Planning for both ST and Zao Bao. Heh...

Static - oh is it? Thanks for the info. But i dun stay there so i shall look out ard CCk is there any.

why so difficult just to subscribe? i just approach a newspaper stand nearby my block (i believe there should be one too near your block), and ask them if they can deliver. they say yes, and the rest is history. Pay monthly.

Status
Not open for further replies.