where to submit photos for ST local news?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sehsuan

Deregistered
Dec 12, 2002
Singapore
www.sportsshooter.com
anyone has an idea? maybe i really missed seeing it in the past few days' local news section, but i can't seem to find it, even on ST's website. anyone has a clue?

thanks for the information, Tim.

i called up PictureDesk, and the chap on the other side said it was kinda old... so um,... no go? :D

anyway, here it is...

2004-12-16-tipped-excavator.jpg

i was on my way back home on a bus, when i noticed that an excavator had earlier tipped over the side. no idea about injuries/casualties, but coupled with the evening traffic, there was an even more trying bottleneck at the junction...

it's alright, thanks for sieveing through that maze of a website for the contacts. thought i'd really got lost there... :p

Wa... How did that happen? How come no police to solve this? At least the traffic police should come and control the traffic. :think:

for the newspapers, stories/pics which are newsy and current is what interests them.

Del_CtrlnoAlt said:
think if u take some celebrity paparazzi or something, the chinese evening papers may love it... hehehehe

Lianhe Wanbao... haha..... always talks about all those ham sup news only... ;p

yaoxing said:
Lianhe Wanbao... haha..... always talks about all those ham sup news only... ;p

ya....
A story of a female rider who dies while on a ride in Malaysia on her "500cc bike", then I saw RVF on it... RVF seems to be a 400cc bike, so till now, I have been asking around:"anyone heard of a 500cc RVF?" I really wanna know the answer...

sorry, being a little out of topic here.

Perhaps a story like this has less interest to The Straits Times right now because it belongs to the genre of soft news.
Right now, there is a huge number of hard news, especially with the foreign desk and the financial desk. So, it has lots of hard news stories to fill up the space in the newspaper rather than filling up the same space with soft news.

Glossary: Soft news - news stories which are about human interest stories. What happened locally and all that.
Hard news - Mostly from the political, financial and foreign desks. These stories affect lots of people around the world and are more difficult and boring to read than soft news.

:D

Del_CtrlnoAlt said:
think if u take some celebrity paparazzi or something, the chinese evening papers may love it... hehehehe

So far Singapore are free of paparazzi. :thumbsup: Let's hope it stays that way. :bsmilie:

Kinda curious, u submitted it to THEM then they say, "Its old." or izzit u tell them how the picture looks like before they say, "Its old."?

Afterward u meet some chao kuan ppl, mouth say one thing, and den chut pattern do another thing....

jsbn said:
Kinda curious, u submitted it to THEM then they say, "Its old." or izzit u tell them how the picture looks like before they say, "Its old."?

Afterward u meet some chao kuan ppl, mouth say one thing, and den chut pattern do another thing....

nope. thanks for the concern, but nothing of that sort happened. i just called to ask if they wanted it, but i was told it would be too old to be of any use. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.