where to store your gear?

Status
Not open for further replies.

wawasan

Jun 27, 2008
western Singapore
hey all, where is the best place to store your gear?(camera, flash, lens) other than putting it into a drybox.

thanks!

hey all, where is the best place to store your gear?(camera, flash, lens) other than putting it into a drybox.

thanks!

To keep the fungus out, I can't think of a better place to store your gears other than dry box, or unless if you use gear often and with good ventilation, then keeping them in the bag is good enough.

30L Digi-cabi S$106, would u rather risk your $$$$$ equipments just for $70 bucks difference? i dont!

thanks for the help! have any recemendation on what type of drybox to get?and the market price(i dont wanna get cheated;p). i dont really have much stuff, i have 1 body and 2 lens, hopefully end of next month getting a external flash unit.

Shhhh! Please dun tell anyone, but I store in in my kitty litter.

Last place a burglar would think of looking for valuables. :bsmilie:

If you use it daily, it is okay to put in the bag. As the sun will kill the fungus when you use it. Otherwise best to put in dry box when not in use or those who use it once a week only. With Singapore wet weather and air, 3 days is enough to grow fungus if camera and lenses are put in the bag.

some are at my friend's dry cabinet.. haha. most of my accessories like flash, cables, remote, batteries etc.. stays in the bag. Body and lens goes back into the cabinet after cleaning after use.

if you have a room turn on air con for more than 8~10 hours, and keep it enclose while air con is not turn on, than you can just leave in anywhere in the room, since the room is dry enough most of the time.

if you use your camera very often, you also can just leave inside the bag.

I use my camera almost everyday, but I still using keep it inside the dry cabinet when not in use.

currently its in a dry box until i tidy up my room(my mother says is like a war zone in there) and make space for a 30L dry cabi(and save up for it).

if you are on a lower budget, i think i saw a dry box for $30 in MS colors. Guess the price is around there. Enough space for an entry level dslr with 2 short lens.

but as i said, if you got the bucks, go for 30L dry-cabi, est. S$106. you will eventually need that, room for 4 long lens 2 pro dslr bodies and still 1 level of space for accessories, enough for almost every hobbist photographer. Not the mention it runs by power and keeps humidity stable and comes with electronic meter readings. (oh man i sounds like a salesman)

the best is to place in dry cabin or dry box when not in use... for me, i throw some silica pack into my bag as well

if you are on a lower budget, i think i saw a dry box for $30 in MS colors. Guess the price is around there. Enough space for an entry level dslr with 2 short lens.

but as i said, if you got the bucks, go for 30L dry-cabi, est. S$106. you will eventually need that, room for 4 long lens 2 pro dslr bodies and still 1 level of space for accessories, enough for almost every hobbist photographer. Not the mention it runs by power and keeps humidity stable and comes with electronic meter readings. (oh man i sounds like a salesman)

just wondering..is the 30L drycabi from Carrefour suffice to house the Nikon 70-200 laying down?

Erm, can i check with u guys, how long does the silica gel last? I'm using the 30 bucks dry box and the Hygrometer shows 65%. Is tat norm?

Silica gel is a waste of time lah. Every week you will have to recharge it. When you heat it, you have to allow it to cool, and by the time it cools and before you even put it back inside the drybox, it would be probably 50% saturated already.

And IMO, get a BIG dry cab lah. At least 90L. Trust me, you will surely be able to find something to fill it up with one.

I don do the "heat and cool" process though. I jus change new ones every 1 to 2 weeks, as a bottle of $3.50 can last me 1 to 2 months.

Mayb for us budget / "confine space" user , 90L kinda too Big. Though I'm still planning to get a small 30L one soon...:)

I don do the "heat and cool" process though. I jus change new ones every 1 to 2 weeks, as a bottle of $3.50 can last me 1 to 2 months.

Mayb for us budget / "confine space" user , 90L kinda too Big. Though I'm still planning to get a small 30L one soon...:)

sorry for the noob question, do you refill the container or just put the bottle inside the box?

Status
Not open for further replies.