Where to stay in KL?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Karyinn

Mar 3, 2004
Hi,

I would like to go KL during Hari Raya, any nice hotel? My budget is S$80 per night.. thank u :) :p

Hi,
You could try Cititel, which is right next to Mid Valley Megamall. It's only one Kommuter (KL's MRT) stop away from the KL Sentral station, and the mall's got lots of taxis as well.

You can try the website: http://asiatravel.com/

The rates are quite competitive, have booked with them many times before. Stayed at Dorsett regency in Bukit bintang, rooms are quite nice. Corus hotel is alright too but not in bukit bintang, near KLCC.

Budget hotel wise, Hotel Nova in Bukit Bintang has nice rooms but the service is crappy. Bintang Warisan has good service but the rooms are not that great, unless u don't mind just a room to sleep. Basic no frills hotel.

Can try Berjaya Time Square. I think if you book package it's quite alright. The rooms are seriously large and the location is very good right at the end of Bukit Bintang and the IT mall. if i not mistaken, all rooms are suites! :)

if you are on a budget...go to KATARI hotel just in frt of puduraya...good place to stay...abt RM88...nice food at the cafeteria too. nearest MRT is the plaza rakyat.

cyprusblade said:
Budget hotel wise, Hotel Nova in Bukit Bintang has nice rooms but the service is crappy. Bintang Warisan has good service but the rooms are not that great, unless u don't mind just a room to sleep. Basic no frills hotel.

Bintang Warisan.. i thought no one knows this hotel. many years when it first started, got a colleague stayed there, lots of cockroaches ..haaahhaa. I once stayed at Agora Hotel, the suite at the top floor, cheap and big. but that's long time ago. The Coronade Hotel is also well located.

depends on what u want. if shopping & eating, then Bintang area is good, Dorsett is good, but Federal/Capitol is more central. Opposite is Jalan Alor -- fanstastic hawker food (every nite go for supper and get FAAATTT :bsmilie: )

i normally do my booking thru www.asiatravelmart.com.

Karyinn said:
Hi,

I would like to go KL during Hari Raya, any nice hotel? My budget is S$80 per night.. thank u :) :p

depends on where you intend to go when you are in KL. Staying at cititel is fine but you get crazy crowds on weekends at the shopping mall and the taxi stand, you will have difficulty moving in and out of megamall. Actually hari raya is not exactly a good time to be in KL as most shops will be closed, unlike Singapore. If you frequent Petaling Street more often, i suggest you get a hotel near that area, otherwise taxi fare can be very costly when they know that you are not a local (if they don't go by meter)

all the best!

Status
Not open for further replies.