Where to stay in KL for one night?

Status
Not open for further replies.

yeppie99

Feb 26, 2002
community.webshots.com
Anyone can recommend a good hotel, not too ex, less than RM250 a night in the shopping area? Looking at pictures can't really tell which is nice.

Originally posted by yeppie99
Anyone can recommend a good hotel, not too ex, less than RM250 a night in the shopping area? Looking at pictures can't really tell which is nice.

My favourite is Crown Regency apartment. Note : Not a hotel....but it's a service apartment. Room usually has a hall, mini kitchen and bedroom of course. But don't expect hotel kind of 24 hour service.

5 min walk to Twin Towers and not far away is Hard rock cafe and Grand Emporium Disco. Opposite is Shangri-La

Room is very clean and quite "posh". Price : About RM $170-RM$200

Originally posted by Starman

My favourite is Crown Regency apartment. Note : Not a hotel....but it's a service apartment. Room usually has a hall, mini kitchen and bedroom of course. But don't expect hotel kind of 24 hour service.

5 min walk to Twin Towers and not far away is Hard rock cafe and Grand Emporium Disco. Opposite is Shangri-La

Room is very clean and quite "posh". Price : About RM $170-RM$200

any breakfast?

any breakfast?

no lar.

For me that's ok..because I prefer to eat outside anyway. I prefer good and comfortable hotel/apartments without any frills because that would only add to the hotel rates.

Anyway, by the time I wake up, breakfast hours are almost over 99% of the time.

you may want to consider Swiss Garden. They serve breakfast in the morning as it is usually included in the room rates. I stayed there last March when I went up to do photography there. It is within walking distance to Pudu Raya bus terminal where you can take a coach back to Singapore. Also the hotel is near good makan at Jalan Bukit Bintang!

Originally posted by lazyfiddler

you may want to consider Swiss Garden. They serve breakfast in the morning as it is usually included in the room rates. I stayed there last March when I went up to do photography there. It is within walking distance to Pudu Raya bus terminal where you can take a coach back to Singapore. Also the hotel is near good makan at Jalan Bukit Bintang!

for coaches up to KL, do they also stop at Puduraya terminal? for the ride back, you buy on the spot and there are regular timings to go back? how much is it? thanks.

for coaches up to KL, do they also stop at Puduraya terminal? for the ride back, you buy on the spot and there are regular timings to go back? how much is it? thanks.

The coach which I took was booked at Grassland Express at Golden Mile. At that time, I paid for the return ticket as well at Golden Mile to ensure that I get a seat back from KL. When going there from Singapore, I took the 8.30am coach, if I can recall correctly and when coming back to Singapore, I took the 11.30am coach from Pudu Raya Terminal.

When going up to KL from Singapore, the bus will alight passengers near Pudu Raya Terminal. Then you can walk to Swiss Garden Hotel. About 5-8 minutes walk. But it can be a chore if you are heavy with luggage.

Cant really remember how much liao. Maybe about S$18 for a one way buy ticket?? It is best that you check with Grassland Express to inquire.

Originally posted by lazyfiddler

The coach which I took was booked at Grassland Express at Golden Mile. At that time, I paid for the return ticket as well at Golden Mile to ensure that I get a seat back from KL. When going there from Singapore, I took the 8.30am coach, if I can recall correctly and when coming back to Singapore, I took the 11.30am coach from Pudu Raya Terminal.

When going up to KL from Singapore, the bus will alight passengers near Pudu Raya Terminal. Then you can walk to Swiss Garden Hotel. About 5-8 minutes walk. But it can be a chore if you are heavy with luggage.

Cant really remember how much liao. Maybe about S$18 for a one way buy ticket?? It is best that you check with Grassland Express to inquire.

thanks! just the info i need. are there any later bus timings to come back?

thanks! just the info i need. are there any later bus timings to come back?

I think they have got later timing ones. If I can recall again, if I miss the 11.30am one, there is the 2.30pm one. But then again, please check with Grassland cos the timings may have changed. It has been one year since. Have a nice trip to KL!! :D

swiss garden is not bad
but the one u mentione the aparment wow
not bad too price
and it near to twin towers is not bad deal

if u want to confirm better go down to golden mile to check it out or u want to take a train to KL is got a new train station is not bad
it got builtin LRT and train in one building
the LRT got connnected to major landmark in KL and PJ

for hotel i mostly stay in genting more cheaper lor
ehe as i spend the time in genting more but i go down to KL by cable car is a appox 2hrs trip one way lor
if u dont mind it hehe
else stay in KL
example in golden triangle jalan bukit bintang
or around twin tower will be better lor
more nite life

oh ya dont go at CNY time
most shop and those chinese food will he close lor
unless u eat in hotel all the time

Status
Not open for further replies.