Where to stay in Bali?

Rashkae

Nov 28, 2005
hi all, planning a nice relaxing vacation, but where would you recommend staying there (what area?). All the hotels are quite cheap, but Bali is not exactly tiny. Prefer not to be right at the "nightlife" areas so I can sleep. ;)

any recommended areas/hotels? Even the Hyatt is cheap!

Rashkae,

There are quite a few areas to stay.

Denpasar is one, Kuta Beach is another, Sanur Beach is another, or you can stay in Ubud. These are the areas I looked at.

You mention that you don't want nightlife, so Kuta Beach is out. Although frankly speaking, I don't think the noise along the roads and the pubs will affect your sleep much. I don't remember hearing anything from my hotel. Sanur is quieter. Ubud is more of the countryside, I don't think it'd be your cup of tea. Suggest you look at Sanur.

Last edited:
Want a resort villa? get Desa Muda resorts about 10 mins from Kuta Beach. Super relaxing.

Interesting, thanks. So is that a better place to stay? Or Ubud?

Rashkae,

There are quite a few areas to stay.

Denpasar is one, Kuta Beach is another, Sanur Beach is another, or you can stay in Ubud. These are the areas I looked at.

You mention that you don't want nightlife, so Kuta Beach is out. Although frankly speaking, I don't think the noise along the roads and the pubs will affect your sleep much. I don't remember hearing anything from my hotel. Sanur is quieter. Ubud is more of the countryside, I don't think it'd be your cup of tea. Suggest you look at Sanur.

Yup, quite a few areas - almost too much choice! Ok, so Sanur is looking nice, and Kuta is possible too. Just looking for a nice area with lots or restos and relaxation without getting harassed at night by the "working girls". ;)

Hmmm, anyone ever tried Jimbaran beach? Looks nice

Interesting, thanks. So is that a better place to stay? Or Ubud?

It depends, is your idea of relaxing by the sea/beach, or in the countryside?

Both are relaxing, depending on how you look at it. Are you planning to access other parts of Bali during your stay there, or is it literally just a getaway for you to laze around?

Hmmm, anyone ever tried Jimbaran beach? Looks nice

Jimbaran Beach - not aware there are resorts/hotels there. It is a hot spot for tourists (predominantly Western) to enjoy seafood dinners while the sea sets as Jimbaran faces west.

Seafood is more expensive than most other places in Bali there.. And something to take note, it was a targeted site for one of the previous Bali bombings due to the high Western presence there.

Yup, quite a few areas - almost too much choice! Ok, so Sanur is looking nice, and Kuta is possible too. Just looking for a nice area with lots or restos and relaxation without getting harassed at night by the "working girls". ;)

Oh, if you don't go to the pubs, I doubt they'd harass you - they'd be too busy with the people who want to be harassed. I don't remember being harassed while I was staying at Kuta. Stayed at Kuta Beach Bali, but that's more of a budget hotel, I think you would want to stay in something better since you probably would have had less financial constraint compared to a student. ;)

RashKae post your reviews once you shortlisted and stayed at the hotel.... i am going in Sept too!

RashKae post your reviews once you shortlisted and stayed at the hotel.... i am going in Sept too!

Oh, if you don't go to the pubs, I doubt they'd harass you - they'd be too busy with the people who want to be harassed. I don't remember being harassed while I was staying at Kuta. Stayed at Kuta Beach Bali, but that's more of a budget hotel, I think you would want to stay in something better since you probably would have had less financial constraint compared to a student. ;)

Will do.... Thanks guys!

@ Rashkae
I stayed in Ubud, but I do like the countryside; spent some time wandering the villages, swimming in the river. Maybe I'm a kampong boy at heart.
The opulence of some of the villas made me very conscious of the wealth gap (I saw those which were USD4digits per night, yikes), though the villagers didn't seem to be perturbed.

@edutilos-
You no longer student eh? When are you going to visit Bali again? :)
Looking forward to seeing more of your holiday photos

Bali, i'm already missing the massages.

i stayed at Amasya Villa. Not excellent but not bad.

my earlier response didn't get posted for some reason. ubud is nice if u dun mind staying further from the main touristy area. jimbaran as mentioned is the seafood dinner by the beach joint. i would go with kuta or the main beach area so there is no lack of activities to look for.

they are more relaxed there unlike bangkok. but the beach touts are pesky.

my earlier response didn't get posted for some reason. ubud is nice if u dun mind staying further from the main touristy area. jimbaran as mentioned is the seafood dinner by the beach joint. i would go with kuta or the main beach area so there is no lack of activities to look for.

they are more relaxed there unlike bangkok. but the beach touts are pesky.

Muchas Gracias. :)

But Jimbaran is not far from Kuta, right? Or not exactly walkable?

8km is ok wat.... I enjoy hiking! ;)