Where to shop for camera in Taiwan?

Status
Not open for further replies.

franciskc

Jan 17, 2002
Earth
Hmm will be going to taiwan real soon. Wondering the photog stuffs there r cheaper? Where to shop shop shop?????????

BUY BUY BUY
:devil: :devil: :devil:

err....tot u're familiar with Taiwan?

Can try 'Guang Hua Shang Chang' area. You know, lots of computer stuff there, if you're refering to DC.

However, reliable source tells me that DC is cheaper to get in Singapore.

aiya Farmiliar with taiwan but neber see many photog shops leh.. Guang hua is the one in taipei rite?? been there liaoz.. mostly computer stuffs and backup CDs. all computer and video games stuffs.. DC not attractive enuff for me yet.. but thinking of getting a cheap D30. Dunnoe where can get

err...think D-SLR, singapore is definitely cheaper as we dun have any import tax. Taiwan does have a tax as high as 20% on electronic goods from other countries.

I dun recall Taipei having any particular area known for photog equipment. But the area around Taipei train station have several big electronic stores which you can look around.

And the along the way from Taipei Station to 'Ximenting', there are photog equipment shops. Its pretty competitive but as you hv probably know about taiwan shops. They'll try to rip you off.

Originally posted by Shadus
err...think D-SLR, singapore is definitely cheaper as we dun have any import tax. Taiwan does have a tax as high as 20% on electronic goods from other countries.

I dun recall Taipei having any particular area known for photog equipment. But the area around Taipei train station have several big electronic stores which you can look around.

And the along the way from Taipei Station to 'Ximenting', there are photog equipment shops. Its pretty competitive but as you hv probably know about taiwan shops. They'll try to rip you off.

Aiya just window shopping.. mar.. They rip me.. i "bochap" em they also dun understan.. kekeke:what:

When are you going?

Going next week. But tomolo will be going to bangkok first then to roc.. Holidayz liaoz!!!!!

PM me your contact number there. I'm not sure if i'll be there next week for work.

U going roc also??? My hp no auto roaming.. so cannot use...

Hi,

Try somewhere near the General Post Office in Taipei. Sorry I can't recall the exact name of the street. I basically stumbled into the area wandering from the GPO. It would be in between the GPO and Ximenting, probably the same area as Shadus have mentioned.

As for prices, I didn't shop so can't make any comments on that.

If you like to make a print from a digital file there for some reason (as I did), you can try the Konica service bureau along Zhong Xiao Dong Lu yi duan. I think there are more and more shops popping up in Taipei that does digital prints (that last time I was there was in January this year)

Originally posted by franciskc
Hmm will be going to taiwan real soon. Wondering the photog stuffs there r cheaper? Where to shop shop shop?????????

BUY BUY BUY
:devil: :devil: :devil:

yo listen up,
take a taxi, tell him to go to.

1. Junction of PO AI ROAD (Puo2 Ai4 Lu4) and KAI FENG STREET (Kai3 Feng1 Jie1).

All the Photo Shops are situated around this area, at least 15 of them, both big and small.

Just walk along Po Ai Road till the end (opposite Post Office i believe) and also walk along the street parallel against Kai Feng Street.

Else you can try walking down from Taipei Main Station where Xin1 Guang1 Shang1 Ye4 is located. And ask for Po Ai Road directions from there.

PM me if you need me to tell you directions by my HP.

Wont rip lah, the directions i gave him is where all the Professionals, Serious Amatuers frequent. All he needs to do is survey price from a few shops and go to the best one. And they do sell Grey Market stuff at a few shops.

Status
Not open for further replies.