Where to shoot?

dreamsz

Jul 3, 2011
www.flickr.com
Hi Pros,

Suggestion for place to shoot during alone.

I saw this list but wondering if there are any more new places
http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/thre...r-Land-City-scapes-Venues-SINGAPORE?p=4867602

Why needed to ask because if go alone to those nature walk, i scared got snake :p
Then lately the security in SG like dropping leh... always read got some body found somewhere.
I only been to botanic garden/MBS and Henderson wave.

Looking at erm.....

1) Nice street , old buildings ( but got human around de lar hor ), nice objects.

1) Fort Canning
2) Zoo
3) Museum (but cannot use flash)
4) Orchard Road
5) Marina Bay Sand
6) Chinatown
7) Little India
8) Clarke Quay (Actually going there tonite for some night shoots)
9) Sungei Budoh (wildlife photography)
10) Admiralty park
11) East Coast Beach
12) Changi Village
13) Bukit Timah Hill
14) etc

to me tiong bahru markert area not bad also ^^

Last edited:
Ok i will go those places. Cause some park i scare.... they say got snake one.... -_-""""

Ok i will go those places. Cause some park i scare.... they say got snake one.... -_-""""

Er... then you might want to keep out of Admiralty Park, Sungei Budoh and Bukit Timah Hill. There are reports of sighting of snakes and in Sungei Budoh, there are sighting of wild dogs.

I was at Sungnei Buloh last weekend, I saw beware of alligator signs, too bad I didn't see one, would make a good photography subject provided I don't get eaten first :bsmilie:
Just a tip if you go to Sungei Buloh, park closes at 7 because it can really get dark in there. At 6.45 I decided to head back to the entrance and I was semi lost and found it like 7.30pm and it was really quite dark, so watch your time if you are planning to go there!

I was thinking of trying out the Zoo next.

I was at Sungnei Buloh last weekend, I saw beware of alligator signs, too bad I didn't see one, would make a good photography subject provided I don't get eaten first :bsmilie:
Just a tip if you go to Sungei Buloh, park closes at 7 because it can really get dark in there. At 6.45 I decided to head back to the entrance and I was semi lost and found it like 7.30pm and it was really quite dark, so watch your time if you are planning to go there!

I was thinking of trying out the Zoo next.

The last time (a year ago), I saw alligator (small one that is) that are in the wetland, not on the ground I am walking. And saw huge number of wild dogs that are chasing everything that move in the wetland. Seriously I am very very worried that the dogs came out of the wetland and move up to the ground that we are... and at that time I don't have a monopod or tripod which I can use as a weapon.

(Note: Images taken are really really bad. This is the first time I use manual lens and so my focus are all over the place)

Picture%252520022.jpg

Picture%252520012.jpg

Picture%252520014.jpg

Last edited:
Hi Pros,

Suggestion for place to shoot during alone.

I saw this list but wondering if there are any more new places
http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/thre...r-Land-City-scapes-Venues-SINGAPORE?p=4867602

Why needed to ask because if go alone to those nature walk, i scared got snake :p
Then lately the security in SG like dropping leh... always read got some body found somewhere.
I only been to botanic garden/MBS and Henderson wave.

Looking at erm.....

1) Nice street , old buildings ( but got human around de lar hor ), nice objects.

there are still places in sg with minimal photography done on it.
there are are many places that many have tread over but failed to see the images of interesting composition that you may find if you look harder.
there are places or buildings just because of the different ambient light, clouds or wind that it is worth visiting over and over again.
there are events or happenings that is as unique as it will be given a space-time...

I think i am going to cover those area listed here first and for park wise, maybe wait got kaki go with me.
Thanks for all the input.

Coolthoughts, care to share some of the 'there are places?'
Cause i still very noob, so your advise will be greatly appreciated.
But don't go too chim hor, cause erm.... i not good at reading maps.

Yes Bt. Timah got snakes. In fact I've seen blue coral snakes there before, which has no anti venom (no cure if bitten). :)

Yes Bt. Timah got snakes. In fact I've seen blue coral snakes there before, which has no anti venom (no cure if bitten). :)

OMG! I was still thinking of going to that bt timah for the railway one....
Like that i dont want go liao.
Kenna 1 photography + 1 CS forum is poison enough, so even if any normal snake bite, sure die :p

Wow!!! So many suggestion on places to go.. Very good..
But why r u going alone?? Can join ar??? ;)

Er... the railway got no snakes lar, only have dead dog being cut into half and squashed into pancake by train. :bsmilie:

And you can find people to go with you. Please don't be scared off, it is actually very rare to see one at Bt. Timah. Out of the 10 years I'd been there I only saw twice of the blue coral, and not more than 5 snake in total. I've also seen scorpions before. Just make sure you wear fully covered shoes. :bsmilie:

Haha somehow I know this is coming.

Anyway Bt. Timah is a good place to shoot mushrooms, especially at Dairy Farm at the right season. :)

I always wear slip-ins one.
Easier and can walk far far

Btw hor, why the magazine i see, all promoting Nikon camera de.
You all know what magazine talks more about canon one?

I find reading magazine easier than read book. I got a Tom Ang book, i find so tough to absorb into my brain -_-""

tehcbing, today hor, cannot go marina liao. just now heard thunder lightning. Then the firework is sat and not sunday right?

ziploc, why you say 'haha somehow i know this is coming.'

Last edited:
John Shaw's books are quite good if you're into macro and/or nature photography. But then again he is also a Nikon user. :bsmilie:

John Shaw's books are quite good if you're into macro and/or nature photography. But then again he is also a Nikon user. :bsmilie:

Still got 1 more qns you never answer :p

ya so many place, can i join oso? i vy newbie here

We can go together if interested but hor who wants to coordinate?
lol

Show you some fungus taken along the railway tracks to whet your appetite. ;p

DSCF2603_w.jpg

Last edited: