Where to shoot?

Bukitimah

Nov 28, 2010
Singapore
Hi didn't do a search if this was discussed before. Beside marina bay, bulky tokay, dairy farm, east coast, china town, etc. Any good tips fellow members wish to share?
Birds seem to be very difficult to come by. PeoPle need to obtain permission. Building generally HDB.

The qn is kinda confusing actually. Where you want to shoot all depends on what you are shooting. Birds/macro requires patience, hard to come by that's why makes every shot all the more rewarding. Shoot people dun need permit and it's up to you to find interesting buildings or to find an interesting perspective and angle to shoot a common building.

Bukitimah said:
Hi didn't do a search if this was discussed before. Beside marina bay, bulky tokay, dairy farm, east coast, china town, etc. Any good tips fellow members wish to share?
Birds seem to be very difficult to come by. PeoPle need to obtain permission. Building generally HDB.

Orchard road? Its fun covering streets :)

Try places like Bukit Timah hill's forested areas maybe? There are some spiders and the like there. Sometimes spiders that are the size of your palm will spin their web and hang at the side of the path.
My trainer also mentioned about a Peck Seah Street with shophouses, though I've never been there.
Can also snap some shots of the railway tracks since they're gonna be removed soon.
There's Singapore's last Kampong in Buangkok, also said to be torn down soon.
The reservoirs around should be quite nice too. Saw some pics of it.

What I do: get a big enough map of Singapore, cover my eyes and randomly point at one spot. If the place is accessible, that's where the randomers end up. :bsmilie:

bonrya said:
What I do: get a big enough map of Singapore, cover my eyes and randomly point at one spot. If the place is accessible, that's where the randomers end up. :bsmilie:

Hope you dont end up at jurong island lol.

Hagi Lane is not a bad place to go, old shophouses with loud and colorful graffiti.

there's a reason why people don't post where birds can be found. because once most people get wind of it, they go there en masse and scare the birds.

bonrya said:

Changi Prison (y)

Hey, good tips. I am a frequent visitor to bukit timah reserve. Mainly insect and some birds. Wonder jurong hill or the jetty at jurong pier have anything interesting.

Have you tried shooting at the Singapore Botanical Gardens before? Worth a visit with your Macro lens if you are into insects and plants or zoom lens if you are like Birds.

FuraCelest said:
Lol. And can catch some hot dudes along the way lol.

Ask them to TFCD for us nude also no worries. :bsmilie:

Have you tried shooting at the Singapore Botanical Gardens before? Worth a visit with your Macro lens if you are into insects and plants or zoom lens if you are like Birds.

Plants maybe but its too well maintained for it to have a large variety of insects, other macro locations would yield more catches:)

Plants maybe but its too well maintained for it to have a large variety of insects, other macro locations would yield more catches:)

You would be surprise at what this secondary rainforst can offer.

It would be a good place to place to start for beginners. If youare into Sunbirds, this is a great place.

3pin said:
You would be surprise at what this secondary rainforst can offer.

It would be a good place to place to start for beginners. If youare into Sunbirds, this is a great place.

Oh you shoot marco too?? Can teach me??

Potong Pasir SMC... especially that void deck corner with the table where Mr Chiam used for meet the people session. People are going there everyday to take pictures for that little piece of history before it goes.