Where to shoot when it rains?

Status
Not open for further replies.

pearlmakeup

Deregistered
Jun 8, 2008
Imagine planning for an outdoor photoshoot and suddenly it is going to rain.
What do you plan to do?
Any indoor places? I think hotels and commercial resorts don't allow unless you are guest.
Lets start with Sentosa. Where else beside the beach or open space area can you shoot?

Imagine planning for an outdoor photoshoot and suddenly it is going to rain.
What do you plan to do?
Any indoor places? I think hotels and commercial resorts don't allow unless you are guest.
Lets start with Sentosa. Where else beside the beach or open space area can you shoot?

Shooting an outdoor scene on a raining day can be just as interesting. rain drops or a heavy down pour can change a normally sunny scene into a very difference light if you pardon my pun.

if it rains, just wear ur saf goretx and bring an umbrella and shoot.

dun let nature hinder u, instead u conquer it.

If im with someone, I'll try out and practice my strobist techniques. Raining usually means dark clouds; which is great if I want to darken the background. Even with high shutter speeds (1/200 max with radio sync) it sometimes isn't enough to get the background dark enough for what I want.

I also love taking a scene with lots of rain drops; try a long-ish shutter speed (2 secs-5 secs) for a great effect =)

It rained cats and dogs when I was in 北投,台北 in June... took refuge in the library and shot these... ;)

1)
99817915.jpg

2)
99817913.jpg

3)
99817912.jpg

Nothing fantastic, obviously... but beats feeling down and out because of the rain :bsmilie:

Not that I'm saying u should go Taipei to shoot, but u get the drift, I hope... Then again, if you are doing model shoot, then it's a different story altogether...

All the best to you...

It rained cats and dogs when I was in 北投,台北 in June... took refuge in the library and shot these... ;)
Nothing fantastic, obviously... but beats feeling down and out because of the rain :bsmilie:

Not that I'm saying u should go Taipei to shoot, but u get the drift, I hope... Then again, if you are doing model shoot, then it's a different story altogether...

All the best to you...

Pretty good examples :thumbsup:... As the saying goes...when life hands you lemon then make lemonade. Turn a bad situation good.

Status
Not open for further replies.