Where to shoot Waterfall with rocks as background ?

RyanKhoo

Apr 6, 2008
Hi there,

I want to test taking photos of:

1) waterfall with rocks as background.

2) using 10 stop Neutral Density filter.

Any recommendation where is a good place to shoot 1 & 2 above ?

Thanks

Hi there, I want to test taking photos of: 1) waterfall with rocks as background. 2) using 10 stop Neutral Density filter. Any recommendation where is a good place to shoot 1 & 2 above ? Thanks

Sg got waterfall?

Have..
Human made at se:eek:ntosa..

There is a nice one at Botanical gardens. Another one at Jurong bird park.

don't forget the largest ever man-made waterfall at gardens by the bay.

Go to Singapore polytechnic during heavy rainfall... you will see water gushing down some of the stairway... that is one cool man make waterfall :)

Anyway, just did a short shoot in Botanical garden. Pretty nice man-make waterfall there.

1453271_10151966742208796_1173472551_n.jpg

Problem is... it is not all that tall.

I don't know if GBTB's waterfall is considered or not.... The main problem with this one is that there are many tourist shooting wide angle... if you go too close you will get stares from behind.. oh, not forgetting the 'mist' made by the waterfall.

A short trip to Kota Tinggi? Preferable not during weekend, otherwise it might be crowded.

Thanks all for the suggestion ... really appreciates it ... cheers

Hi there,

I want to test taking photos of:

1) waterfall with rocks as background.

2) using 10 stop Neutral Density filter.

Any recommendation where is a good place to shoot 1 & 2 above ?

Thanks

At Waterfall Aviary, Jurong Bird Park and Cloud Forest, Gardens by the Bay.

:)

Go to Singapore polytechnic during heavy rainfall... you will see water gushing down some of the stairway... that is one cool man make waterfall :)

Anyway, just did a short shoot in Botanical garden. Pretty nice man-make waterfall there.

Problem is... it is not all that tall.

Very nice photo.

TS, the nearest natural ones you can find are in Malaysia.

Very nice photo.

TS, the nearest natural ones you can find are in Malaysia.

Thanks but the hassle of going thru the checkpoint make me prefer to go within S'pore ... :)

Cheers

Thanks but the hassle of going thru the checkpoint make me prefer to go within S'pore ... :) Cheers

The pro photographers go out of the way, wait days, seasons to capture that shot we all go ooooh. Yes, there's the occasional opportunity shot, but it's not by chance the photographer is at the location.

Thanks but the hassle of going thru the checkpoint make me prefer to go within S'pore ... :)

Cheers

Had you try the waterfall at Grand Hyatt Singapore Hotel, it about a three stores high but you need to call and check if you could take a photo there. The waterfall is next to the hotel car park.

Kota Tinggi is just 50km away from Singapore. Try it .

Thanks Nathan ... will find time to take a trip there ... cheers