Where to shoot at nite???

Status
Not open for further replies.

roDz

Feb 6, 2006
On A Little Red Dot
Hiya all,anyone here has got problems sleeping at nite? Dont feel like having supper..dont wanna do anything BUT taking pictures at nite BUT donno where to go and shoot? So any suggestions as to where nite shooting is good? Common guys/gals..suggestions on locations??? ;)

Hmm...along Singapore River is probably a good place to start, even though it's mostly been photographed to death. However I think it's a bit far out for you. If you can make it to Woodlands MRT station, there seems to be an elevated platform sort of thing nearby that overlooks a big field with HDB blocks in the background.

Either that, or I must have mixed up my stations again.

bedok reservoir, walking alone in the middle of the night can be pretty scary though. suggestion: wake the wife/gf or bring the dog, whichever does the lesser damage

roDz said:
Hiya all,anyone here has got problems sleeping at nite? Dont feel like having supper..dont wanna do anything BUT taking pictures at nite BUT donno where to go and shoot? So any suggestions as to where nite shooting is good? Common guys/gals..suggestions on locations??? ;)
midnight exploration can be really fun, but as i said try not to go alone. the thrills vs risk factor is not worth it

an example NOT to venture at night would be industrial parks where there are watchdogs

fWord said:
Hmm...along Singapore River is probably a good place to start, even though it's mostly been photographed to death. However I think it's a bit far out for you. If you can make it to Woodlands MRT station, there seems to be an elevated platform sort of thing nearby that overlooks a big field with HDB blocks in the background.

Hmm..come to think of it..somewhere near the Causeway,by the coast facing Johore might be a good idea huh?!...:D

blimmer said:
bedok reservoir, walking alone in the middle of the night can be pretty scary though. suggestion: wake the wife/gf or bring the dog, whichever does the lesser damage

Scary as in ... ghost? that'll be a great shot if someone managed to get one,rite? S'pore is pretty boring at nite huh..

roDz said:
Scary as in ... ghost? that'll be a great shot if someone managed to get one,rite? S'pore is pretty boring at nite huh..
walking on gravel in the wee hours is not gonna do any good to your sanity. the last time i walked alone i could hear more than just my own footsteps on the gravel path. scared me enough to do an about-turn and brisk walk back.

if you're in the vicinity i'll pick you up now and you can experience for yourself 1st hand. i'm insomniac at the moment. pm me for a faster reply

there's some interesting things to see at night, i particularly like industrial areas where you get to see the security guards dozing off on their safari bed in the open.
wild dogs in a congregation, as if they're having a meeting and giving you that occasional scowl.
constant chatter of the machinery coupled with industrial fumes against the skyline.
insomniac workers sitting on the road kerb happily chatting away, like they dont have to work in a few hours time.
huge rats scurrying across your path, with pieces of food you'll rather not know what it formerly is.

Any place is a good place to photograph. You could always try different viewpoints or composition.

How about your house/apartment?

The kitchen.

The shoes and slippers scattered all over.

The fridge and what's inside.

Your table. Your books and pens.

The corridors.

student said:
How about your house/apartment?

The kitchen.

The shoes and slippers scattered all over.

The fridge and what's inside.

Your table. Your books and pens.

The corridors.

:devil: :thumbsd:

mcn said:
whats with the thumbs down if you dont justify whats wrong

your house might not be interesting to you but it might to others who dont share the same roof as you

actually i hav shot my former neighbourhood b4. day & night. its such a big contrast in d mood.

i oso shoot at home in d dead of d nite if cant sleep, jus look for items in my display case. :)

u org a nite outing near ur place har, i free i come! ;p

blimmer said:
whats with the thumbs down if you dont justify whats wrong

your house might not be interesting to you but it might to others who dont share the same roof as you

mayb its jus his personally opinion. diff ppl find diff subjects uninteresting. some things hav no rational explanation behind de. like - like, dun like - dun like... :cool:

mcn said:

Obviously you have never seen the works of Josef Sudek. Lost his right arm in World War I. Despite all odds, he carried a 8x10 camera and made great images.

He was put under house arrest by the communist government.

He photographed the flowers in the vase, the raindrops outside the windows, his partially eaten bread. The half empty glass of milk.

His photographs invite the viewer to his life. And what joy in that life of confinement.

Josef Sudek is not called the Poet Of Prague for no good reasons. He was one of the icons of photography, and his images taken in his house showed how, in the eyes of one who has the visual capacity, the banal can be beautiful.

Open your mind and you may hopefully one day be able to see the "Universe in a grain of sand". Let alone the incredible photo opportunities in your own room.

Minor White (another great photographer you might have not heard of) said "If the eye of the beholder does not have that capacity, then a person can never see it".

And I submit to you that the reason you "wrote" :devil: :thumbsd: is that you are at least visually blind, if not more.

fWord said:

Is there such an elevated object?

Hiya all..went to Espalanade..Merlion..Fullerton area(sigh) lastnite and took some shots there..kinda boring huh(sigh again)..maybe we could arrange a nite outing to fishery port and take pix there? Dont u think its fun taking pix of activities there? Errrrrmmm any better ideas?

Status
Not open for further replies.