Where to send Lense for Cleaning

Status
Not open for further replies.

k_istDS

Nov 27, 2004
Singapore - Whampoa
Any bros here sent their lense for cleaning before?? How much and where is best, please advise?? I have one Sigma Macro lense for cleaning...

Any bros here sent their lense for cleaning before?? How much and where is best, please advise?? I have one Sigma Macro lense for cleaning...

It all depends on what kind of lenses you are cleaning, and what kind of problems (dust, fungus, haze/fog, or oily aperture blades). If just some dust, don't really worth cleaning imo. Same goes to light fungus near the side.

For a normal 50mm lens, it's quite cheap, probably $30 to 50 each. For a longer prime lens, it'll take abit more, 60 to 80. It's more expensive for zoom lenses.

I like the fast service at The Camera Workshop (Peninsula Htl), good price too (one week). The Cam.X (in the same building as TCW) does quite good job too, but takes alot longer (two to three weeks). I know some guys like the Camera Hospital, but I'd never been there. Some other shops will take this kind of jobs too: Prime Camera Center at Peninsula Plaza, Ron's Camera at Adelphi, P&G at Adelphi.

Good luck :)

It all depends on what kind of lenses you are cleaning, and what kind of problems (dust, fungus, haze/fog, or oily aperture blades). If just some dust, don't really worth cleaning imo. Same goes to light fungus near the side.

For a normal 50mm lens, it's quite cheap, probably $30 to 50 each. For a longer prime lens, it'll take abit more, 60 to 80. It's more expensive for zoom lenses.

I like the fast service at The Camera Workshop (Peninsula Htl), good price too (one week). The Cam.X (in the same building as TCW) does quite good job too, but takes alot longer (two to three weeks). I know some guys like the Camera Hospital, but I'd never been there. Some other shops will take this kind of jobs too: Prime Camera Center at Peninsula Plaza, Ron's Camera at Adelphi, P&G at Adelphi.

Good luck :)

thanks.. i'm not too sure if its dust or fungus.. its my Sigma EX MAcro 50mm...

thanks.. i'm not too sure if its dust or fungus.. its my Sigma EX MAcro 50mm...

Fungus is kinda like spider web or tree branch, w/ thin lines spread out regularly. Dust would be quite irregularly spread. They are quite different :think:

You can bring it over to The Camera Workshop, look for Becky (the only lady there), not those old uncles or young guys. Becky will quote you a great price ;).

Good luck.

I usually send my MF lenses to Andrew at PRIME, next to cathay at Peninsula Plaza for cleaning. I also send my manual bodies for repair, service and cleaning. Andrew does a good job to repair some of my stuffs. For primes lenses, it is usually around 50 plus minus a little. It depends. :)

If there is no serious fungus or dust particles in the glass, i would advise to leave it intact without cleaning. small tiny dust usually won't affect the image quality. If there are fungus lines, you got to be careful and treat them early. It is best that you judge them yourself.

cheerss..

Status
Not open for further replies.