Where to sell money...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Del_CtrlnoAlt

Feb 15, 2003
Outside the Dry Box.
Visit site
Ya... literally selling money for more money... :bsmilie:

Cos my auntie, uncles, mom, just inherited some money from my grandparents. quite an amount... and all in incurring number and stacks of old bird or watever kind S$1, S$2, S$5, S$10, S$50, S$100, S$500, S$1000... dunno got more anot...

amounts cannot disclose lah... hehehe... but i've seen them, packed in transparent plastic slip in stacks...

anybody know the market value for such things now? (my grandma is a collector lor... money collector... so her stuff really mint, like singapore mint) time to take picture of money again.

Hmm.. not very sure but I don't think these series of notes are quite old enough to be worth that much more than the face value. Unless you have like those pre-war types of notes or something heehee. Anyway, I've been trying to collect these type of "rare" notes myself although I wouldn't say they are mint like urs (they have obviously been around). My $0.02 (hurhur): if they are not in need of $$$ now, why not just keep the notes safe and sell them at a later time when the value has hopefully increased? :)

Denosha said:
Hmm.. not very sure but I don't think these series of notes are quite old enough to be worth that much more than the face value. Unless you have like those pre-war types of notes or something heehee. Anyway, I've been trying to collect these type of "rare" notes myself although I wouldn't say they are mint like urs (they have obviously been around). My $0.02 (hurhur): if they are not in need of $$$ now, why not just keep the notes safe and sell them at a later time when the value has hopefully increased? :)

my parents keeping lah... but my uncles & aunties going to put in bank... machiam like giving it to them to destroy our heritage (sound serious... :bsmilie:) so someone should go preserve this little bit of our heritage... hahaha...

If you really want to sell there are some good shops near clifford pier. Can't remember what the building is called though.

Only those with nice number and very mint condition worth something, orchid series are better value the the boat or bird series, you can sell in yahoo or ebay auction, but it takes long time to sell it with a better value, if not, go to stamp and coin stores ask them to make you an offer.

small denomination notes sell better and faster then big notes.

catchlights said:
Only those with nice number and very mint condition worth something, orchid series are better value the the boat or bird series, you can sell in yahoo or ebay auction, but it takes long time to sell it with a better value, if not, go to stamp and coin stores ask them to make you an offer.

small denomination notes sell better and faster then big notes.

theirs is in stacks with 1 stripe of paper over, not taken out, den stored in plastic case, so no discoloration...

anyway, i tell my mom to buy all over... easier.. got sentimental value..

There's a store on the second floor of Adelphi dealing in coin and currency collection. Near the corner where the bridge joins from Funan. Maybe they might be able to provide better advice, and probably make a buck out of it.

Del_CtrlnoAlt said:
theirs is in stacks with 1 stripe of paper over, not taken out, den stored in plastic case, so no discoloration...

anyway, i tell my mom to buy all over... easier.. got sentimental value..
Hope is not $1000 note in a stacks...:what:, there will not no way of selling this stack as a whole.:sweat:

you can bring the notes to the shop Terence mentioned for asking a quote.

catchlights said:
Hope is not $1000 note in a stacks...:what:, there will not no way of selling this stack as a whole.:sweat:

you can bring the notes to the shop Terence mentioned for asking a quote.

got 500 in stack.. ;p 1k, undistributed yet... 3 years later... ;p shhssshhh dun tell other ppl... ;p

Del_CtrlnoAlt said:
got 500 in stack.. ;p 1k, undistributed yet... 3 years later... ;p shhssshhh dun tell other ppl... ;p
My suggestion to you, just keep it that way, pass it down to your children when you are old, let them headache over the money after your death. :bsmilie:

Del_CtrlnoAlt said:
my parents keeping lah... but my uncles & aunties going to put in bank... machiam like giving it to them to destroy our heritage (sound serious... :bsmilie:) so someone should go preserve this little bit of our heritage... hahaha...

It will be a waste if your uncle sell it back to the bank ... the bank will love it .. :bsmilie:

KNIGHT ONG said:
It will be a waste if your uncle sell it back to the bank ... the bank will love it .. :bsmilie:
the bank has nothing to do with it, but the staffs may want inter exchange it.

no premium if you deposit it in the bank. btw, banks here do not buy back notes, at a premium.

KNIGHT ONG said:

Del_CtrlnoAlt said:

Ask ur uncle and auntie wan to do a one-to-one exchange with me anot? haha i give them new notes LoL

for best value, if you want to realise it, is to transact directly with a collector/s. or if they are acceptable for auction, that's is another option.

Lmodel said:
Ask ur uncle and auntie wan to do a one-to-one exchange with me anot? haha i give them new notes LoL

now buying theirs... hehehe... anyway, they dunno whats the value 1... then some went to put in bank liao (note... not sell... their mentality is 'save' in bank...)

Del_CtrlnoAlt said:
now buying theirs... hehehe... anyway, they dunno whats the value 1... then some went to put in bank liao (note... not sell... their mentality is 'save' in bank...)
what series is that? ask you parents to exchage it with them, than decide what to do next.

catchlights said:
what series is that? ask you parents to exchage it with them, than decide what to do next.

ya... told them liao...

think its all the birdies... dunno about the others... but i'll say... its those 1 stack, 100 numbers follow down ones... and each have few stacks of each denominator... and i wouldn't be surprise if they combine together might be a few 100 continuous... cos my grandma super clever to keep money, and she takes care of everything.

I oso collect old notes.... Maybe can change with them? :D Small amounts only, of course.

But it's true they don't have a lot of value... Even my war-time Banana notes cost only a few dollars. Got a hilarious ½ dollar note from the Bahamas though... :bsmilie:

Status
Not open for further replies.