Where to Self-Promote?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mohgui

Jan 31, 2005
La La Land
for beginners like you and me, how do we showcase our works? is there a place where we can exhibit our photos for public viewing for free or for a small fee? putting the pictures online is one thing but viewing the pictures offline is another thing.

pictures viewed online and offline are very different. so, dudes, any idea where?

unfortunately it is pretty hard in SG to host such galleries. Maybe you want to try talking to the management for some buildings to see if they can allocate a corner for it?

at the photographers' gallery at mita bldg, hills street.

start by printing your photos on an album, or store the photos in your laptop. when you go out with your friends, shamelessly take their time to view your works.

I find that layman's comments are usually frank and while they can't pinpoint specific technicalites, most can tell if a picture captures their attention.

I started by doing this...

reachme2003 said:
at the photographers' gallery at mita bldg, hills street.

you mean this gallery will host any tom-dick-and-harry's pictures?

Stefen said:
start by printing your photos on an album, or store the photos in your laptop. when you go out with your friends, shamelessly take their time to view your works.

I find that layman's comments are usually frank and while they can't pinpoint specific technicalites, most can tell if a picture captures their attention.

I started by doing this...

hehehe... sometimes you can't depend on friends. at times, they will just compliment you because you are their friend :bsmilie:

mohgui said:

next time i go there,hope to see your photos there.:cool:

mohgui said:
hehehe... sometimes you can't depend on friends. at times, they will just compliment you because you are their friend :bsmilie:

if they say good good... it is probably ordinary and not astounding.
if they say "OH MY GOD, IS THIS NATIONAL GEOGRAPHIC OR IS IT YOUR PICTURE?" then you know you might have something there...;)

this gallery, as i know, is not for established photographers. call and talk to jeff.

mohgui said:

Status
Not open for further replies.