Where to RENT SM card

Status
Not open for further replies.

howie

Jan 20, 2002
cool.as
Pls , do any one know where to rent smart media card for my olympus digicam? i need more card for my holiday tour.

OR anybody willingly to RENT me his/her SM card for a affordable price?

phone: 9100 0027

Originally posted by howie
Pls , do any one know where to rent smart media card for my olympus digicam? i need more card for my holiday tour.

OR anybody willingly to RENT me his/her SM card for a affordable price?

phone: 9100 0027

Sorrie, but never heard of any places that rent out SM cards.....photography equipments, yes....digital storage media like SM/CF/SD/MMC/MS, no.

A 128MB SM card costing $90 (relatively cheap, IMHO) can easily take up to 250 moderately-compressed JPEG pix @ 1600x100 resolution, more if at lower resolution or higher compression rate.

So unless u r using those 3.3MP/4.1MP DCs and taking ur pix in those high-MP settings or using a very low JPEG compression rate, then u'll need lotsa 128MB SM cards.

If not, my suggestion is to acquire one or 2 more of your own, cos you'll definitely be needing them in future.

I am selling smartmedia, 64mb for 45dollars. if you buy 2, i charge you 80 dollars. So that's 80 dollars for 128mb.

Cross-posting is not allowed in ClubSNAP. I will remove your other thread which is wrongly posted in Reviews/Previews.

Thanks for your kind understanding. ;)

sorry for the cross-posting.
i am using the olympus c-40 zoom which is a 4 mega pixal digicam.
1 pic will take up 1 mb.
i have make up my mind to get a 128mb card.
so where to get the cheapest card?
is there any write speed for the sm card?
thank you.

Originally posted by howie
sorry for the cross-posting.
i am using the olympus c-40 zoom which is a 4 mega pixal digicam.
1 pic will take up 1 mb.
i have make up my mind to get a 128mb card.
so where to get the cheapest card?
is there any write speed for the sm card?
thank you.

Oh I see...since u r using an Oly C-40z then I'll incl. ur name in our Olympus Club (http://forums.clubsnap.org/showthread.php?s=&threadid=2207).

Go to Sim Lim Square......Alan Photo on the ground floor should be selling no-brand 128MB SM for abt $90....most comes with warranty of 1 week to 12 months.

Or if brand is important, go upstairs and ask the pc hardware shops, a 128MB "SANDISK" brand 128MB SM card goes for abt $120 with a 5 yrs warranty.

The writing/reading speed of a SM card is determined by the I/O mechanism on the DC. This is unlike a Compact Flash (CF) card whereby the I/O interface built-into the card itself.

By the way, I'm now using a no-brand 128MB SM, had taken 1000+ pix and reformatted numerous time...still going strong, but I would suggest that u buy at least two 128MB in addition to whatever u have so far....running out of storage capacity when trying to take the pix of ur lifetime can be REALLY painful.

I can lend U a 64m SM card if U want. Wont charge u anything as long as U take good care of it :)
I live in Tampines, work near Tuas, so any MRT station between Jurong to Tampines can be meeting point(during weekdays).

Email me galaa@starhub.net.sg

Add:I also got a 8m MB card which comes with the camera. If u want that as well, I'll be glad to lend it to u...brand new never used b4 one :p U can be the 1st!

Try the image tank, basically a SM/CF reader attached to a laptop HDD.:

http://www.printamax.com.sg/

They also rent (IC etc needed) if you're not willing to pay $259+cost of HDD for the kit. Kudoz at SLS is a convenient location.

If you use a 20G laptop HDD (~$180), you can store over 155x128mb SM worth of data... you can even save on having to buy more than one 128mb SM (maybe with a 32/64mb as backup at most).

Highly recommended method for anyone going on a mid-long photo vacation... :)

Now if only the price can drop to a more reasonable rate for wat is basically a deluxe SM/CF card reader... :D

Status
Not open for further replies.