Where to rent pentax lenses?

rekria

Oct 31, 2009
Hi fellow pentaxians,

anybody knows where I can rent a da* 50-135? Wish to use it for a family outing next week. Can't seem to get a used one and a new one costs around $14xx.

I know pentaxians here are kind and helpful and some will surely loan their equipment but this lens is too exp. Hard to answer to owner if anything goes wrong. Better to rent and pay.

AFAIK,there is no shop in SG that rents Pentax lenses:)

Hi fellow pentaxians,

anybody knows where I can rent a da* 50-135?

I know pentaxians here are kind and helpful and some will surely loan their equipment but this lens is too exp. Hard to answer to owner if anything goes wrong. Better to rent and pay.

Perhaps you could offer them some form of downpayment? I've been borrowing lenses from the kind folks here every now and then and the most expensive was the DA12-24. It helps if you've gotten built a rapport with them. All the best in your search. :)

Perhaps Emjay could start a loan service like during that one Photoshoot... :think:

AFAIK,there is no shop in SG that rents Pentax lenses:)

Perhaps you could offer them some form of downpayment? I've been borrowing lenses from the kind folks here every now and then and the most expensive was the DA12-24. It helps if you've gotten built a rapport with them. All the best in your search. :)

Perhaps Emjay could start a loan service like during that one Photoshoot... :think:

Thanks for the reply guys!

Well, I guess, the search continues!

Even in the US, there seems to be only one operator renting out Pentax stuff. Might be the only one in the world for all I know... :bsmilie:

If you looking exclusively Pentax lense, then i cannot help you. If you don't mind using other brands ( Canon,Nikon,Sigma and Tamron ) of lense, i know a website i can intro to you.

If you looking exclusively Pentax lense, then i cannot help you. If you don't mind using other brands ( Canon,Nikon,Sigma and Tamron ) of lense, i know a website i can intro to you.

1 lens

2 or more lenses

No such word as lense or len:)

Hi fellow pentaxians,

anybody knows where I can rent a da* 50-135? Wish to use it for a family outing next week. Can't seem to get a used one and a new one costs around $14xx.

Just curious, how much would you be willing to pay to rent the 50-135 for a week? Rentals in singapore seem a bit pricey to me.

OP, go ahead and visit any shop in Singapore with the DA* 50-135mm and "rent" that lens for $1,400 or whatever they are asking for.
No restrictions on use, you can use it for your family outing and other outings too. Then you can "rent" it to other Pentaxians later on B&S for say $1,000 and I surely will surely "rent" it from you... :angel:

OP, go ahead and visit any shop in Singapore with the DA* 50-135mm and "rent" that lens for $1,400 or whatever they are asking for.
No restrictions on use, you can use it for your family outing and other outings too. Then you can "rent" it to other Pentaxians later on B&S for say $1,000 and I surely will surely "rent" it from you... :angel:

haahaaa LOLz. Yeah. That's a good one! :)

This is actually very true :think:

But there is a catch in this option, you might be too attached to the lens and not wanting to dispose it off in the future. Very poisonous indeed especially you have no self control. Haha :bsmilie: :bsmilie:

But there is a catch in this option, you might be too attached to the lens and not wanting to dispose it off in the future. Very poisonous indeed especially you have no self control. Haha :bsmilie: :bsmilie:

Brudder, where is the catch in this option?
These days you dunno what stratospheric levels the price of Pentax lenses are going to hit. I never see Pentax lenses become cheaper, only higher so if you buy carefully and early, one can experience capital gain in spite of depreciation or fall in value from usage. :think: (Eg. I bought FA 50 f/1.4 new three times before. All below $350. Now... ha, ha, ha.)

Some people like to play, play with lenses, buy to try, don't like or find something better, then sell. Of course if you fine a nice copy and grow attached to it then decide to keep it, or confirm are a collector, too bad you have to stop playing the lens "musical chairs" game. Then you "rent" the lens permanently mah. :bsmilie:

After all buy locally the lens got warranty cover, so long as you sell before end of warranty, maybe you take less of a hit in terms of asking price. What is the hitch? Pentax users with no money to take over the "rental" or you suay, suay choose some obscure lens that few are interested in. But at the end of the day it all boils down to asking price. Ask too high a price, only the desperate/blur/gullible/money no object kinda guy will jump in as the sane will stay away. The trick is to offer fair value such that everyone will be interested to take over the "rent".

Bottom line I am willing to offer $1K in rental for a like new DA* 50-135mm... :bsmilie:

Last edited:
Well I bought a DA* 50-135, used it for a couple of months and then sold it at the same price. Even if I lost $50 on the sale it's still a really good deal on the "rental" ;)

Brudder, where is the catch in this option?
These days you dunno what stratospheric levels the price of Pentax lenses are going to hit. I never see Pentax lenses become cheaper, only higher so if you buy carefully and early, one can experience capital gain in spite of depreciation or fall in value from usage. :think: (Eg. I bought FA 50 f/1.4 new three times before. All below $350. Now... ha, ha, ha.)

Some people like to play, play with lenses, buy to try, don't like or find something better, then sell. Of course if you fine a nice copy and grow attached to it then decide to keep it, or confirm are a collector, too bad you have to stop playing the lens "musical chairs" game. Then you "rent" the lens permanently mah. :bsmilie:

After all buy locally the lens got warranty cover, so long as you sell before end of warranty, maybe you take less of a hit in terms of asking price. What is the hitch? Pentax users with no money to take over the "rental" or you suay, suay choose some obscure lens that few are interested in. But at the end of the day it all boils down to asking price. Ask too high a price, only the desperate/blur/gullible/money no object kinda guy will jump in as the sane will stay away. The trick is to offer fair value such that everyone will be interested to take over the "rent".

Bottom line I am willing to offer $1K in rental for a like new DA* 50-135mm... :bsmilie:

You got a point here, what if I one shot "rent" 3 different UWA lens for example, sigma 10-20, da15, DA 12-24 at one shot and decide that I want to keep only 1 in say 6 mths down the road. Will I suffer sleepless nights in the worst UWA dilemma ever? Or maybe I will need to sell off one of my limps to keep all of them.

Maybe the wiser choice is to "rent" one at a time and dispose it to get another one. After all tries then settle for the one I like :)

So how much do C&N ppl pay for lens rental?