Where to process slides in the west?

Status
Not open for further replies.

zhoufang

Jan 19, 2002
Jurong
Visit site
I'm living in the jurong west.
Is there any place here do a good job of E-6 slides and charges reasonably? ($4.50/roll w/o mounting?) Hopefully it will be located conveniently ie close to MRT or have many bus service around.
I'm a student so student offer will matter for me.
Too lazy to go down to peninsular twice just to do a roll of slide.

or 35mm color lab at 2nd Avenue, along Bukit Timah Rd. Got 157, 852...etc.

but i think KJ easier to go.

Originally posted by Lennier
Tiong Bahru for me, KJ Colourlab. $4.50 per roll w/o mount

Not very west.
The price is good though.
Is it in Tiong Bahru? how long is the turn over?
Thanks for you info! I guess there's no shop around jurong doing slides.

Originally posted by zhoufang

Not very west.
The price is good though.
Is it in Tiong Bahru? how long is the turn over?
Thanks for you info! I guess there's no shop around jurong doing slides.

Normally, I'll put my rolls in b4 1pm on weekends, can collect by 5pm same day.

Originally posted by Lennier

Normally, I'll put my rolls in b4 1pm on weekends, can collect by 5pm same day.

tried wkdays...? same turnaround time? all the while i do my own slides, but nowadays not much time to develop, think i gotta find one with fast turnaround n reasonable times soon.

I'm living in the jurong west.
Is there any place here do a good job of E-6 slides and charges reasonably? ($4.50/roll w/o mounting?) Hopefully it will be located conveniently ie close to MRT or have many bus service around.
I'm a student so student offer will matter for me.
Too lazy to go down to peninsular twice just to do a roll of slide.

Hi,

I believe most shop around here in Jurong West does offers to collect the slides and send them out for developing. If you are staying in Jurong West Extension, Paradise Photo does send the slides out to Fuji (in AMK) for processing and the slides is usually ready in 2-3 days. However the price is rather expensive though at $7 per roll (I'm trying to get them to lower the price and it's quite possibly that they'll do it for $6)

Rgds,
KS

Originally posted by Ninja
A1 Best Photo Centre
processing & printing, enlargement, slide processing & digital print.

Blk 501, #01-261, Jurong West St 51, Singapore 640501

This Fuji shop is in my neighbourhood, I walk pass it almost every day.
The business is much worst than the Kodak shop (ABS photo centre) at #01-265.
I believe they do not have slide processing facilities, most likely it's just collection and the processing is done by 3rd party, which normally can't have good price.
It is so near to my home, so I will definitely go ask another day. If the price is $7.00 or below for processing w/o mounting and the quality of work is there, I will use its service for the convinence.

Originally posted by darr

tried wkdays...? same turnaround time? all the while i do my own slides, but nowadays not much time to develop, think i gotta find one with fast turnaround n reasonable times soon.

I've not tried it on weekdays, but i don't see any reason for their turnaround times to be different for weekdays or weekends.

I believe they do not have slide processing facilities, most likely it's just collection and the processing is done by 3rd party, which normally can't have good price.
It is so near to my home, so I will definitely go ask another day. If the price is $7.00 or below for processing w/o mounting and the quality of work is there, I will use its service for the convinence.

It is $7.50/roll w/o mounting and the turnover is 3 weekdays.
Just border line of what I can accept.

Hi
Can anyone update me for 2004 on a good place to develop slides in the West, near an MRT station? Include location, if possible.
Mach Photo at Jurong Point were sending my slides away for processing (I think to Fuji at AMK) but the lab shut down, and the new one they are using is rubbish (low quality mounts, lots of dust and transverse scratches - nightmare for scanning!).
Thanks a bunch.

Hi,
went to Photo Bugs at Blk 253, Jurong East St 24, Ave 1, #01-217, S(600253)
told that cost $6 for slide development and take 3 days.
During coolection, given a members price at $4.80.
Ask how to be members and Uncle said come here often for my slide and can enjoy this $4.80/roll price.

Nice Uncle
Just like to share this worderful findings

hmmm....so near me too...where u stay??..
I usually go to grace coz its near my school..
;)

zhoufang said:

35mm color lab charges $5.40 per roll in clear plastic film holder. for nagative, it is place in matt plastic film holder.

Hi, $5.40 is menbers price while non-member is $6.00 :thumbsd:

Taihigh said:
35mm color lab charges $5.40 per roll in clear plastic film holder. for nagative, it is place in matt plastic film holder.

Status
Not open for further replies.