Where to print photos 4R cheap or for free

yayasutanto

Oct 31, 2010
Hello everyone,

I just moved from Japan to Singapore and i am looking to print lots of photos. Are there any places that print photos cheap or for free? In Japan many photo shops do this free service now so i don't know if this has caught on in singapore yet.

Pls advice me.

Thank you.

Welcome to Singapore! Well, to my best knowledge there's no free 4R printing in Singapore. The market rate is about 45 cents and if you print many photos i think you can get 35 cents or less per photo. I think you can look around near your house if there's any photo printing shop, the rates don't vary drastically I think.

Why would they print for free? Where do they make their profit?

I just moved from Japan to Singapore and i am looking to print lots of photos. Are there any places that print photos cheap or for free? In Japan many photo shops do this free service now so i don't know if this has caught on in singapore yet.

i don't think you can find a shop in singapore that does this for free, but sometimes the online services do it now and then. i know snapfish did it at one point in time in uk, not sure if it's done it in singapore before.

When i first got to Singapore i was looking for this kind of free printing to but so far no photoshops that i know off offers this. You may like to try out www.palprints.com it is something like a local snapfish. They print the photos for free but you pay shipping and handling, works out to about $0.175 per photo. I have been using this service for the last few weeks much to my satisfaction. The only thing about it is they do not do touch ups for you so if your photo is too dark then you get a dark photo.

If i want to touch up my photos then i would print in JB. I print there for about ringgit 30 cents per photo.

welcome to CS and to Singapore . . . :)

you can shop around your area or shopping centres/malls, you will find printing services . . .
ranging from 20 cents to 40 cents depending on the number of copies . . .
No extra charge for the service . . .

i ever print @ 15 cents each (for 200 copies and above), but too bad, the shop decided to close down. :cry:

please tell me where in Japan i can get 4R's printed free ...... I have a few friends in Tokyo and Osaka who can help me then....

there is NO SUCH THING as free printing with NO CONDITIONS attached ..... eg. can i walk into a shop with a memory card and they print for me and i just collect , say 'thank you' and walk away without paying a cent ?

there are CHEAPER options to get prints done ..... very different from FREE prints.... :bsmilie:

Last edited:
When i was in Japan a few years back camera 45 and yobadashi had this service. Don't know if they have that now. When they print for free, you walk in with your memory card and print for free.

BUT and a big BUT... every 4R photo is 1-2 cm longer with advertisements on the side so if u want photo without advert then you have to cut off your self. Sometimes if normal 4R pic, the advert will be on the corners of the pic which can be very irritating. I think this is the "Free" Photo printing service that we are referring to. Other than that agree with many of you... no such thing as free

Sorry, when i meant free photo printing i assumed that you guys knew what i was talking about. Sorry. Rachada you are right but these days when you give them 10 prints to print for you, 3 will come back with adverts. The rest will be OK. Was hoping to find such a similar service here. Thanks for the heads up on palprints. Checked it out and spoke to them. Pretty impressed. Will now await my "Free" photo prints. (I paid for shipping and handling)

The cheapest 4R I know is S$0.20 at Parkway Parade. Harvey Norman once offered S$0.19 (IIRC) at their kiosks. I heard Toa Payoh has shops printing for $0.15 but I have never confirmed that myself.

Need to print about 150 4R photos for work, and so far I've found Snapfish cheapest at $0.19 each. Did anyone have any experience printing with them?

Anyone know of any other cheaper options too? :)

Need to print about 150 4R photos for work, and so far I've found Snapfish cheapest at $0.19 each. Did anyone have any experience printing with them? Anyone know of any other cheaper options too? :)
I thought snapfish closed shop in sg few years back?

Need to print about 150 4R photos for work, and so far I've found Snapfish cheapest at $0.19 each. Did anyone have any experience printing with them?

Anyone know of any other cheaper options too? :)

Harvey Norman and Toa Payoh shop at HDB hub