Where to print B&W photos in Singapore?

Status
Not open for further replies.

edwgoh

Nov 5, 2002
Visit site
Just started to take B&W photos, but printing is quite ex...So can some one recommend some good place to develop & print ?:)

ruby have contacts for proper b/w paper printing, I think $1.50 each 4R

Konota does very good b/w on to color paper printing for $0.50 each 4R

Originally posted by Ninja
I'm currently working at Chinatown area near to Fee Fee. I pass by Fee Fee everyday.
Fee Fee is a Konica analog lab. Their black & white prints are generally very good.

Fee Fee House Of Photographics Pte Ltd is located at :
Hong Lim Complex (behind Chinatown Point), #01-02, Upper Cross Street. (Fee Fee is just next to the POSBank)
Tel: 6 535 4429

Mon-Fri - 10.30am-7.30pm
Saturday - 10.30am-6.00pm
Sunday & Public holidays : Closed

Pure Black & White printing manually on black & white paper is $0.50 per 3R and $1.00 per 4R size.

Fee Fee is no more, that whole row of shops are now set for demolition/conservation,

good photo oppotunity also, go in the backlane and you can enter some of the shops... really really interesting, I went there last week.

Originally posted by rueyloon
Fee Fee is no more, that whole row of shops are now set for demolition/conservation,

good photo oppotunity also, go in the backlane and you can enter some of the shops... really really interesting, I went there last week.

it's across the road.. on the Chinatown Point side :)

:) Thanks will check them out, Cheers!:gbounce:

yes, my mistake :)

there are 2 "fee fee" opposite each other the road. just found out as I went back there to take photos.

the one i meantioned is "fee fee photo engraving and SOMETHING photo studio"

You can learn to process your own negative at home. You can get all the chemicals from fotoguide or cathy down at peninsular plaza.

For the start you would only need developer and fixer. Wetting agent would be a plus to get. You would also need a developing tank, a thermometer, a measuring cylinder and a measuring containers. to mix the chemicals. Development temperature is normally at 21 degrees celcius.

The initial cost will be quite expensive but if you are doing alot of b/w, it will be very cheap. I always uses my storeroom to load my film into the developing tank. Don't even need a darkroom or darkbag. Just make sure you have a cloth to block of the light leaking from the bottom of the door.

For printing, you could send it to RGB or spectra if you can't build a darkroom in your house.

Konota does very good b/w on to color paper printing for $0.50 each 4R

this means they scan or something, convert to B&W scale, and print onto regular colour paper? sort of a fake one? what's the difference?

normal B&W takes 3 days? how about konata's fake B&W?

Status
Not open for further replies.