Where to print A4 or Odd size photographs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

benchuatl

Apr 14, 2004
South
Please can anyone help to enlighten me where can I get odd size photographs ro A4 printings? Where studio to go?

Thanks

If you're looking for photos to be printed on normal photo paper, what people do is to print on a larger size ie. print 5"x10" to 8R (8"x10"), then they trim.

ok which studio to go? what is the price?

Try TripleD At burlington Square. Just mention that you are from Clubsnap.

Pricing... Find out yourself loor. It should be cheap in your eyes. ;)

ok which studio to go? what is the price?

1 very pro photoshop to recommend u... His standard not to compare to those cheapo photoshop... Even some of the pro wedding photographers also go there for prints... But a bit expensive lor.. Well, no pain no gain... This shop is called Beautiful memories. it's located @ Stamford House near Cityhall MRT toward the direction of going to Orchard road area... Near to the National library... 1 4R costs 50cents. 1 super 8R costs $10. For metillic paper it costs $16.. the paper that he uses is of very high standard.. I dare to say that he's 1 of the best photoshop in city area...:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: Seeing is believing... No point talking so much.. Try it out man!!! After trying I'm afraid that u might not wanna go to any other shop again.. haha..

1 very pro photoshop to recommend u... His standard not to compare to those cheapo photoshop... Even some of the pro wedding photographers also go there for prints... But a bit expensive lor.. Well, no pain no gain... This shop is called Beautiful memories. it's located @ Stamford House near Cityhall MRT toward the direction of going to Orchard road area... Near to the National library... 1 4R costs 50cents. 1 super 8R costs $10. For metillic paper it costs $16.. the paper that he uses is of very high standard.. I dare to say that he's 1 of the best photoshop in city area...:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: Seeing is believing... No point talking so much.. Try it out man!!! After trying I'm afraid that u might not wanna go to any other shop again.. haha..

Emm, just wondering in what aspect to you go along with the proclaimed 'standard' which are not to be compared with other CHEAPO photoshop? In terms of processing, in terms of paper quality, in terms of Printing Machines?

Please don't compare with Ambiguous words.

Emm, just wondering in what aspect to you go along with the proclaimed 'standard' which are not to be compared with other CHEAPO photoshop? In terms of processing, in terms of paper quality, in terms of Printing Machines?

Please don't compare with Ambiguous words.

In term of everything he do...He use the best photo paper which normal photoshp dun...In term of processing,he will try his best to give u ur photo in just 1 day... (Provided that u never print a few thousand photo lah) Dun need to pay extra for so called express service.Furthermore, can also save ur time & effort to collect it the next day,hence save transport fare also.. The most important part of all,he edit every single photo to your standard that u wan... color,contrast,skintone or even those very special effect... No point agruing for such trival issue.. Try it to believe it..

In term of everything he do...He use the best photo paper which normal photoshp dun...In term of processing,he will try his best to give u ur photo in just 1 day... (Provided that u never print a few thousand photo lah) Dun need to pay extra for so called express service.Furthermore, can also save ur time & effort to collect it the next day,hence save transport fare also.. The most important part of all,he edit every single photo to your standard that u wan... color,contrast,skintone or even those very special effect... No point agruing for such trival issue.. Try it to believe it..

Just curious, what is the "best photo paper" that he is using? What is the photo paper normal photoshops are using? What's the difference in terms of colour reproduction, paper life span and colour space?

Nothing personal.

Just curious, what is the "best photo paper" that he is using? What is the photo paper normal photoshops are using? What's the difference in terms of colour reproduction, paper life span and colour space?

Nothing personal.

Yo Mr. meepokman,
I can only briefly describe the so called best photo paper to u ok..;p Well, it's a bit thicker than those used in normal photoshop liked those in photofinish or mainly those in the neighbourhood area kind of photoshop.. As compared to the finished of it,well,it's not so "rough" looking for matt finished,it's more fine and it looks liked it's so called a combination of both glossy & matt finished... Very vibrant color also.. He do have the paper that I love most which is the metallic paper...Great for studio photo , portrait , wedding photo etc etc... Well, the cost... haha.. For super 8R, $16. I mean,for such a good paper liked this,$16 ain't very expensive as compared to the gear that we are using, mounting to some 10 or even 20 over thousands right?? For a man that truely treasure his piece of art taken and only want the best out of it ought to try out this shop... No regret ok.. :) I'm kind of liked addicted to this shop for printing now... heehee... Just liked taking heroine..oops!!! But can't afford to print out all photos,otherwise I sure gonna burn a big hole in my wallet...

Just to clarify 1 thing,I got nothing to do with this shop owner ok.. I never earn a single cents for promoting his shop or whatsoever.. I dun even get discount for printing my photos... NOT A SINGLE CENT LESS OK... He mean business... Every single cents count.. But as I had mention it before,he edited for you FOC provided that u print in large amount.. Not just merely a few of it..He can do wonders to your lovely photo.. Salute him cos he's just a genius out there doing wonders to it.. Trust me,u gonna love his work.. Saw some of the art piece taken by some of the pro wedding photographers from CS over there too... But I can't mention those people names.

Since you are using the Hassleblad MF, I think you ought to try out this shop to print out such high resolution of ur photos.. Just that dun get poisoned by me for keep going there to take ur "heroine" ok.. hahaha..

What makes you thinks that other photolabs do not offer metallic paper? Other labs may also be using the "superior" photopaper. If you don't even know the name of the superior paper that you've stated, I guessed that you may not even know the differences. Do you think a thinker paper equals to better paper? Think again.

If you think that $16 is a good deal for a Metallic paper print, good luck to you then.

Try going around other quality labs around Singapore. You may find better ones.

Cheers!

Nothing personal.

Meepokman,

We shall wait for Yawoo to take a look at the best photo paper name.

Colour spaces normally are determined (limited) by the printers the lab uses, followed by the paper.

Colour reproduction is normally determined by what you prefers, also on the calibration of your screen.
(Unless you are talking of printing on yellow paper. Don't worry, they should have a colour curve for the various papers)

Paper Life span, of course determines by the paper used, and the condition of storage. Normal life span of better papers in acid-free album, closed, in cool and dark places (Not prolonged darkness) should last around 20 - 99 yrs.
Of course, not using your desktop printers ink also lah.

I believe the best paper which fuji machines used is the crystal archival paper supreme for digital. Is there any better?

There are other shops which can provide on the day service, within 2hours for 200 4R photos, you just have to hunt for them and talk to them. Editting to your personal preference. As well as the pricing, if you have the volume, thats for you to negotiate

ColourLab at Adelphi also offers Kodak Metallic paper. And I think their colour is nicer than Beautiful Memories.

What makes you thinks that other photolabs do not offer metallic paper? Other labs may also be using the "superior" photopaper. If you don't even know the name of the superior paper that you've stated, I guessed that you may not even know the differences. Do you think a thinker paper equals to better paper? Think again.

If you think that $16 is a good deal for a Metallic paper print, good luck to you then.

Cheers!

Wah,, pro. Real pro..:bsmilie: Sorry I'm just a newbie to the ditigal printing... Most of my photo cannot make it la.. So dun dare to print those out.. Hardly have some "ok" 1 to print only... ;p Sorry for my ignorance ok...;p Have many things gonna learn from u ..:bsmilie:

ColourLab at Adelphi also offers Kodak Metallic paper. And I think their colour is nicer than Beautiful Memories.

yap, yr right...its Kodak paper...

about the nicer colour, mmm i have not printed this paper at Colorlab yet, care to share a bit? tx.
:D

Cheers!

so far , i only see Colorlab and BM using them(metallic paper), maybe there are many more other shops using it, care to share the other shops?Tx.

Wah,, pro. Real pro..:bsmilie: Sorry I'm just a newbie to the ditigal printing... Most of my photo cannot make it la.. So dun dare to print those out.. Hardly have some "ok" 1 to print only... ;p Sorry for my ignorance ok...;p Have many things gonna learn from u ..:bsmilie:

No lah. Just that you've got good prints at BM, which then turned you into a asthetically proclaimer is a bit skewed. You might misled others into a rush (mark, Sugar rush). What I am trying to say is there there are several good printers all around. Just that BM may not (or may) be the most competitively priced. Perhaps you have always been using neighbourhood express labs and the first time you've used "More dedicated" labs thus the vast difference ba.

Status
Not open for further replies.