Where to print A3+ with photo papers?

ErikaT

May 27, 2011
hi

Where are the shops that print A3+ photos with photo papers?

I have ask quite a lot of the photos printing shops and they only print till Super 8R

thx

Last edited:
hi

I have ask quite a lot of the photos printing shops and they only print till Super 8R

thx
most digilabs able to print up to 12"x18", that is slightly larger than A3.

you can call and check before heading down to the labs

Useful addresses of common photographic equipment/services shops

really thx for the reply

by the way is 200ppi enough detail for 12x18?

The price of some of the shops are quite different for some of the sizes (e.g S12R)

Will there be a great different in quality if theres a a gap in price? (S$7)

Have you approached any printing shop in Bras Basah ? I think quite a number of shops can do A3 and even A2 on glossy or matte photo papers.

hi

thx

only 1 printing shop(the fuji photo shop) at Bras Basah print on glossy photo paper and it dont print that big (that time i only asked for S8R).

The biggest size that i asked around from the list above is the Grace Printing @ Sunset way give the optium price ($10 for S12R)

So far if i want A3+ photo printing, i must buy a canon printer and the Pro platium A3+ papers and print myself

only 1 printing shop(the fuji photo shop) at Bras Basah print on glossy photo paper and it dont print that big (that time i only asked for S8R).

The biggest size that i asked around from the list above is the Grace Printing @ Sunset way give the optium price ($10 for S12R)

So far if i want A3+ photo printing, i must buy a canon printer and the Pro platium A3+ papers and print myself
the only labs doing photographic printing at Bras Basah Complex is Shalom Colorlab.

other printing shops in that area are either doing inkject or laserjet printing

if you want photographic paper, they only come in inches, to print 12"x18" photos, they have to use a 12" width photographic paper roll.

A3 is 297mmx420mm, and a 12"x18" photo print is 305mmx459mm,
if you want exactly A3, you can simply ask for a 12x18 photo print, than either you pay them to trim it down to A3 or DIY.

otherwise, you can look for other shops to print your photos with inkject or laserjet printing. their stock papers are in A4, A3, A2 or A1 sizes.

ErikaT said:
hi

thx

My neighborhood fuji photo lab printed a 25x16 for me at $25. Just had to wait a few days. The have a 12x18, slightly larger than A3

may i know wat size is the 25x16 call? (it is slightly smaller than A2)

by the way, may i know wheres the shop in SG??

many thanks

ErikaT said:
may i know wat size is the 25x16 call? (it is slightly smaller than A2)

by the way, may i know wheres the shop in SG??

many thanks

It's in the basement of White Sands next to Pasir Ris MRT.

Cant remember the size code.

that shop have this size? do u mean the one right beside the super market?

The different in price will be considered in term of DPI printed on the photo?

So far the shops are mostly using the fuji color paper

ErikaT said:
that shop have this size? do u mean the one right beside the super market?

Yes. They dont print it there. It's done at the lab. I think any Fuji outlet will be able to do it.

I've printed 2 recently.

cannot la. the shop is dam Expensive. i went down just now and asked for the price for 5R and they said $3

I just printed 1 5R at Grace digital and i paid only 80cents

ErikaT said:
cannot la. the shop is dam Expensive. i went down just now and asked for the price for 5R and they said $3

I just printed 1 5R at Grace digital and i paid only 80cents

Not much choice for me. Going to town is $10 bucks for fuel and another few more for parking. Add CBD, n 2nd trips to collect, $3 bucks is cheap. Taking the train is better but kills a lot of time.

Don't normally print large pics, but now beginning to do up a few to frame n spruce up the walls.

Was just at Ya Kun.

can i know much u paid for the 24x30?? and how many days did u wait??

ErikaT said:
can i know much u paid for the 24x30?? and how many days did u wait??

It's a 24x20 inches $25. Took about 4 days

is the 24x20 printed on a glossy photo paper? if yes, then it will be the biggest photo i ever know that can printed in a normal photo shop

ErikaT said:
is the 24x20 printed on a glossy photo paper? if yes, then it will be the biggest photo i ever know that can printed in a normal photo shop

I chose the matt. They have glossy but not good for framing as they stick to the glass. There is a larger size.

Do remember is done at the main lab, not at the outlet.