Where to Photo Shoot in Bangkok, Thailand

Status
Not open for further replies.

diver-hloc

Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Somewhere North
Hi....

Will be going to Bangkok with my family this coming Sat. It would be me 3rd time there.... but 1st time with my DSLR. Need some advice on interesting places within Bangkok for photo.

I'm looking for -

* Old Thailand..... places with 50-60s style housing....
* Wet Market area (non tourist)
* Places where Buddist Monk still collect alms in the morning.....
* Any other place of interest you could think of......

I would likely hire a driver for the day and ask to be brought around..... just incase the driver have no idea where to go..... your suggestion could help.

Thxs :thumbsup:

I cannot advise you where to shoot but just use cabs instead, no point hiring driver (too expensive IMO). Unless of course you have too much money to spend.

It's fairly easy to flag down a cab.

I cannot advise you where to shoot but just use cabs instead, no point hiring driver (too expensive IMO). Unless of course you have too much money to spend.

It's fairly easy to flag down a cab.

It would be true if you are only going to a place or two..... but cheaper if going for multi places.... and safer with a local guild.... :sweat:

i don't really know what is your planned itinerary, however travelling a couple of (tourist) places in bkk, i don't spend anything more than 500 baht a day on taxi/MRT/skytrain.
are you intending on hiring a driver only or a driver-cum-guide? both are totally different.

Hi....

Will be going to Bangkok with my family this coming Sat. It would be me 3rd time there.... but 1st time with my DSLR. Need some advice on interesting places within Bangkok for photo.

I'm looking for -

* Old Thailand..... places with 50-60s style housing....
* Wet Market area (non tourist)
* Places where Buddist Monk still collect alms in the morning.....
* Any other place of interest you could think of......

I would likely hire a driver for the day and ask to be brought around..... just incase the driver have no idea where to go..... your suggestion could help.

Thxs :thumbsup:
free and easy? check with the hotel you are staying if they can provide such a service.

If its a 3-5 day trip, I doubt you'll have time to cover too many places

Walk around bangkok chinatown and its backstreets........ that should keep you busy enough for a full day

From Bangkok chinatown go down chao praya river and grab a river taxi in either direction.... very fun with lots of things to shoot

Otherwise search or google photography bangkok...... should not be too difficult to find places to go

p/s very hard to advise you when you have not mentioned what type of photography you are keen on

Last edited:
If its a 3-5 day trip, I doubt you'll have time to cover too many places

Walk around bangkok chinatown and its backstreets........ that should keep you busy enough for a full day

From Bangkok chinatown go down chao praya river and grab a river taxi in either direction.... very fun with lots of things to shoot

Otherwise search or google photography bangkok...... should not be too difficult to find places to go

p/s very hard to advise you when you have not mentioned what type of photography you are keen on

Thxs for the info... :thumbsup:

I'm into all form of photography...... but not yet good at any given one. Street, City scape is what I'm looking for in this trip.

Last edited:
free and easy? check with the hotel you are staying if they can provide such a service.

Yup.... was thinking of doing so.... but would prefer 1 to 1 type of day trip.... not the normal tourist spot after tourist spot kind of mass tour. :sweat:

Status
Not open for further replies.