Where to look for HDB flat rentals?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mattlock

Feb 28, 2004
www.superhyperreal.com
I'm looking to rent a small HDB flat closer to town...maybe tiong bahru or bugis, that sort of area. I've already looked into the Straits Times Classifieds, I was wondering if there are other resources I can check? offline or online.
I'm looking for a 6 months rental, is this possible?
And can anyone give me a rough gauge of prices? I just need a small apartment.

thanks!

mattlock said:
I'm looking to rent a small HDB flat closer to town...maybe tiong bahru or bugis, that sort of area. I've already looked into the Straits Times Classifieds, I was wondering if there are other resources I can check? offline or online.
I'm looking for a 6 months rental, is this possible?
And can anyone give me a rough gauge of prices? I just need a small apartment.

thanks!

Bro u looking to rent a small unit? hmm... how small is ur small as there is no room flat L - shape(in condo its called studio) then there is 1+1 (it can be a 2 rm flat or a 3 rm flat with 1 room locked not approved unit) meaning u got to use the room n living hall. or 2+1 meaning used whole of 3rm flat approved unit.

Through Real Estate Agent and they have other ways to source around:cool:

6 mths rental possible( abit challenging ) ... higher rental thats all! ;)

Price will depends on wheather it is: 1+1, 2+1, approved, not approved, not furnished, partial furnished, full furnished with or without aircon, high floor, low floor, near mrt or not, city area or town area or out of town.

Estimated price for a 1+1 not-approved, fully furnished abt 10mins walk to mrt abt $700+ for a year lease for six mths should be nt more then $850. This is for places like Tiong Bahru area.

mattlock said:
wah not cheap man...

:think:

Alternative: 1) look at places away from city.
2) share wif some one else.
3) rent a common room (approx $400 - $500 master room)
4) Lengthen your lease term.( min 1 yr)
5) supply your own furniture. ;)

mattlock said:
wah not cheap man...

Frankly the value of renting an HDB flat, even if a simple 3-room flat is pretty poor. You can actually get an old private apartment for a little over one-grand per month. You'd have to share an apartment of course if you want to bring the rent close to your budget.

kahheng said:
Frankly the value of renting an HDB flat, even if a simple 3-room flat is pretty poor. You can actually get an old private apartment for a little over one-grand per month. You'd have to share an apartment of course if you want to bring the rent close to your budget.

Basically rental for HDB flat will not high but due to his request of having of short term leases thats why he got to pay more then normal lease which is a year lease or more...;)

For old appartment lao kok kok and out of city area one u might even get them at $1k dats is under normal circumstances!

Status
Not open for further replies.