Where to learn how to use flash

Status
Not open for further replies.

YWP

Dec 16, 2005
Hi people, can anyone tell me which website can teach us how to use the flash fast. Got no time to read manuel.

Bring your flash out, and play around with it. There's no better learning technique other than using the flash yourself. I believe many users don't even touch their flash manuals:)

Flash tips for the time challenged:

Hook it to your hotshoe. Point to forward. Turn it on. Set your camera to full auto.

There, no need to read manual. No need to even think about whether or not to use flash. Let the camera do the work.

+evenstar said:
Bring your flash out, and play around with it. There's no better learning technique other than using the flash yourself. I believe many users don't even touch their flash manuals:)

Yes, many don't even bother learning about the flash/how to use it even if its their first unit. They'll use it for a while, then sell it and whine "Canon flash no good, always under-expose".

Whats the point in picking up a hobby if you don't want to devote time learning about it?

solarii said:
Flash tips for the time challenged:

Hook it to your hotshoe. Point to forward. Turn it on. Set your camera to full auto.

There, no need to read manual. No need to even think about whether or not to use flash. Let the camera do the work.

:sweat: Some good advice huh

Don't need to read manuel har?

After a few hundreds shots still don't how the flash works...

After a few thousands shots the pictures with flash still suck...

Listen carefully.... read my lips also....

NO SHORT CUT!

EiRiK said:
no use giving the link, he doesnt even have the time to read the manual, let alone this long article...

Yup... that article is like the Bible of EOS Flash system... the manual is only a quick-start guide in comparison. But its a great piece of work :thumbsup:

solarii said:
Yup... that article is like the Bible of EOS Flash system... the manual is only a quick-start guide in comparison. But its a great piece of work :thumbsup:

wats the point, when the threadstarter expects to be spoonfed on the use of the flash? next thing u know, he/she/it wants u to summarize the whole article in 3 points on powerpoint and send it to him/her/it.... :rolleyes:

Hi guys, thank you so much for your comments. Personally, i feel that if there aren't good advices, please do not #$%^&* in this thread. For those of you who are just monkeys following what other people says, i think it is time you eat your bananas. I have said i got no time to read the manuel. But i am still willingly to learn it through the fast way. Come on, there are thousands of way to learn something. In this modern world, we learn smart. GET IT! So i kindly appeal to those @#$%^&* who are just in here for fun, please do not #$%^&* in this thread anymore as your comments are not welcome. Thank you.

I think YWP has a point here. Not everyone is best at learning through via reading the manuel. Some just learn it fast through working on it. Hence, i think you guys are pretty hash on YWP.

YWP said:
Hi guys, thank you so much for your comments. Personally, i feel that if there aren't good advices, please do not #$%^&* in this thread. For those of you who are just monkeys following what other people says, i think it is time you eat your bananas. I have said i got no time to read the manuel. But i am still willingly to learn it through the fast way. Come on, there are thousands of way to learn something. In this modern world, we learn smart. GET IT! So i kindly appeal to those @#$%^&* who are just in here for fun, please do not #$%^&* in this thread anymore as your comments are not welcome. Thank you.
:bsmilie: :bsmilie: Well said!! :bsmilie: :bsmilie:

I'm also willing to pay (reasonably) & learn if someone really pro enough to start a course mainly on using flash on a SLR/DSLR.:)

maybe take a basic photography or flash photography course? :think:

look out for them in the workshops forum

YWP said:
Hi guys, thank you so much for your comments. Personally, i feel that if there aren't good advices, please do not #$%^&* in this thread. For those of you who are just monkeys following what other people says, i think it is time you eat your bananas. I have said i got no time to read the manuel. But i am still willingly to learn it through the fast way. Come on, there are thousands of way to learn something. In this modern world, we learn smart. GET IT! .
u can eat your own bananas and #$#^& yourself.
cant take the answers, dont post #$%^ questions, junior.

YWP said:
So i kindly appeal to those @#$%^&* who are just in here for fun, please do not #$%^&* in this thread anymore as your comments are not welcome. Thank you.
u r the only 1 here for fun.
serious hobbist read their manuals first.

actually, threadstarter, if you have time to read this, why dont you have the time to read the Manual?I dont see your point that saying that you have not enough time...the time spent reading this forum can be instead spent on reading the friendly manual.And IMO, some parts of the manual is not important, skip those parts and you can save alot of time.

JediForce4ever said:
actually, threadstarter, if you have time to read this, why dont you have the time to read the Manual?I dont see your point that saying that you have not enough time...the time spent reading this forum can be instead spent on reading the friendly manual.And IMO, some parts of the manual is not important, skip those parts and you can save alot of time.

very good point. dont have to read the manual cover to cover.

while i encourage people to read the manual, but there are some who cant really understand what they are reading.

eg is me
while taking my advance diploma, read the book on micro-controller 3 times, still cant pass the exam.

Status
Not open for further replies.